River Rock NIGHTFIRE

matt0

Enlightened
I haven't seen any other threads about this but I saw an interesting light at Target today. The River Rock NIGHTFIRE... Luxeon Rebel, 60 lumens, appears to be a forward clicky but the most interesting thing was it was adjustable from SPOT to FLOOD. I didn't buy it because I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone have this yet? Any reviews I may have missed?

The tag said "WAS $24.99 NOW $19.99"

I tried to take a few pictures with my cell phone but its surprisingly hard to get a good picture of something with a SILVER background. That combined with the lights alone the cieling made for some bad pictures.

Anyways...

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice, gotta check out my nearest Target. Does this use an optic or reflector?

I think I just answered my own question as it looks like that's a square beam in the spot setting on the picture.

matt0

Enlightened
Yeah, it had an optic

Oh, and don't quote me on the price. I'm not 100% sure thats correct. I DO remember that the WAS price was $5 more than the NOW price. :)

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Cool.... 60 Lumens sounds about right for a low-bin Luxeon rebel and a pair of AA cells. The refracting optic lights I have are surprisingly bright... IE the light out the front seems a lot brighter than the individual piece parts "say" it should be (if that makes any sense)

:popcorn:

matt0

Enlightened
I'm guessing its a fairly new light...

I figured with a WAS/NOW pricetag, it must have been out long enough with nobody buying it in order for them to drop the price.

It was on the VERY bottom peg on the shelf. All the River Rock packaging is the exact same so at first glance, I didn't even notice it.

Flashlike

Enlightened
I haven't seen any other threads about this but I saw an interesting light at Target today. The River Rock NIGHTFIRE... Luxeon Rebel, 60 lumens, appears to be a forward clicky but the most interesting thing was it was adjustable from SPOT to FLOOD. I didn't buy it because I haven't heard anything about it. Anyone have this yet? Any reviews I may have missed?

I've already got ENOUGH flashlights! So why did you have to mention THIS one?? LOL
I'll have to go to Target and check it out.
But I'm NOT buying it. Got that?!

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Yeap that's right, but the Rayovac one is 45 lumens though, so maybe it's a Lux 1? Is the RR an aspheric optic or collimator?

there are 2 sportsman lights one spec'd 45L and the Sportsman Extreme spec'd at 80L (actually 3 when you factor in theres a Rebel and LuxIII version of the 80L Extreme).

gokusay99

Newly Enlightened
I've been searching for the Lowes TF 3watt "CREE" with no luck and now I have to go find this in Target. Hopefully this will be easier than the TF :naughty:

defloyd77

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny you mentioned the River Rock Nightfire. I actually bought one over the last weekend. Mine was a 2C light and had a Cree XR-E and claimed 136 lumens for over 20 hours at maximum brightness. It had a textured reflector. It was brighter than my P2D CE Q5 on high when I bought it. When I got home a couple hours later and started posting about how good it was on CPF, it tried turning it on and it wouldn't come on. After some time fiddling with the head and tailcap, it came on at about 1/10 the original brightness. It never got any brighter. I never finished my post and I returned the defective light the next day. It cost me $10+ in gas to return a $30 light. I wasn't happy about that. I thought the light would make a great bright light that would stay bright much longer than the 2 or so hours I get from a Fenix light on turbo. I wanted it for it's reliability and long time brightness. Also for it being lightweight. The packaging said it weighed only 6.5 ounces. Mine turned out to be a dud. If you buy one, let's hope yours is better. If it is a dud, feel free to return it immediately as it is the only way stores get the message not to sell defective merchandise and to know what merchandise is defective.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
they misspelled 'swtich' :p

i wonder if this can fit the bigger capacity nimhs. the old 2aa asph can only fit the 2000 capacity ones.

gokusay99

Newly Enlightened
I don't know if I should buy this RR or wait for the new Romisent NC-X5, 5 hours of run time is nice. :ironic: