I want THROW!

Tabro

Newly Enlightened
Howdy all. I'm in the market for a $100 or less light that can throw a beam all the way to the moon. Well not really the moon, but real damn far. I will be carrying this light around in a cargo pocket, so size isn't a huge issue, but I don't need some monstrous light.

I'm really looking at the Jetbeam III I.B.S. At 225 lumen, this thing looks like it will put your eyes out at a pretty good distance.

I'm also interested in the Liteflux LF5 XT, but don't know what the max lumens or the runtimes are. Anyone know?

So does anyone have any other suggestions for a "thrower"?

Thanks! :thumbsup:

phantom23

Flashlight Enthusiast
LF5XT has very floody beam.
Consider Tiablo A9. Throws much better that Jet-III and you can buy one for less than $60.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Lumen is only the amount of light from a flashlight or torch. A 10 lumen well focused light can easily out throw a 1000 lumen one.

How far do you want the light to throw?(Is your answer as far as possible?)

Tabro

Newly Enlightened
Lumen is only the amount of light from a flashlight or torch. A 10 lumen well focused light can easily out throw a 1000 lumen one.

How far do you want the light to throw?(Is your answer as far as possible?)

I want something with minimum 200 lumens. And yes, as far as possible!

Fird

Enlightened
Dereelight DBS V2 or the CL1H V4 will fit the bill, the CL1H is more of a standard light while the DBS is the 'thrower' model. These depend of course on whether you want to dive into 18650 batteries or not. If not, there are module options for CR123's.

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Tiablo A9 is a good thrower and is about $55 at Dealextreme right now, it is great on primaries but does not do very well on 18650s though. The Dereelight is better with 18650s.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Dereelight DBS would be a good light to pick for throw. It is pretty easy to upgrade.

The Tiablo from DX or KD should work too.

If you have a Maglite, a Aspheric Mod might throw better(no spill too, unless you use the reflector)

Double_A

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ah hell this is easy!

You need a laser pointer!

All throw, no lumens, runs off AAA's forever!

oh baby you want a tight beam, oh yea?

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
There's a Raidfire Spear in B/S/T right now for $100. Great light- throws fantastic! :thumbsup: Do a search and you'll get the info you need.

Centropolis

Enlightened
The Tiablo A9 is a good thrower and is about $55 at Dealextreme right now, it is great on primaries but does not do very well on 18650s though. The Dereelight is better with 18650s.

Can you explain this to me? I am thinking about getting another thrower other than my cheap Eastward, which is great and cheap.....but the Tiablo looks good too but I want to run it with 18650s and want to find out what you meant by "does not do very well on 18650s though."

Ray1968

Newly Enlightened
Can you explain this to me? I am thinking about getting another thrower other than my cheap Eastward, which is great and cheap.....but the Tiablo looks good too but I want to run it with 18650s and want to find out what you meant by "does not do very well on 18650s though."

I think Tony is referring to brightness. The light will be brighter on CR123's but will have a longer run time on an 18650.