I have the fenix t10, what would I gain if I get the tiabloA9?

gazaati

Newly Enlightened
Hello ladies and gents,

How would the tiablo a9 compare to the t10? lumes , run time, fit and finish? etc?

Apreciate your help :)

Windscale

Enlightened
Go and buy an A9 and you won't regret it. You will enjoy the long runtime with 18650s. I had to make this very same decision only about a couple of weeks ago when buying a light to send to celebrate the first ever UK CPF gathering. To be honest I did not like the TK10 at all. You may also want to wait a bit for the TK11 which may be better.

Last edited:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't like the fact that the A9 is not regulated well on 18650's like the A8 was. This put me off buying the A9.

The TK11 probably doesn't throw nearly as well as the A9 but it is better regulated on 18650's.

It depends on what you want really. The TK11 is probably worth the wait if you want to use rechargeables.

gazaati

Newly Enlightened
Thanks guys.

What does it mean to be regulated on that battery?
How will that affect use?

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
IIRC

19,000+ Lux at one meter with a 18650
20,000+ lux at one meter with 2 x RCR123A

it botheres me enough that i run it with 2 x RCR123A

Crenshaw

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Thanks guys.

What does it mean to be regulated on that battery?
How will that affect use?

An A8 will give you steady output until the 18650 battery is almost completely depleted. Then the output will drop noticeably.

On an A9, you will get slowly diminishing output the longer you use the light with an 18650. But on the plus side, you get longer runtime on the same cell than you would with an A8.

The lights are related, but are two different creatures. Although both can use 18650 or CR123 cells, they react differently. An A8 will give you regulated output with an 18650. But the runtime with that cell will be a bit less than with an A9. Also, you have to deplete two CR123 cells for a few minutes on low, in the A8, before they will work on High mode.

The A9 doesn't require a few minutes on low before the CR123 cells will work on high. You get a bit more runtime with an 18650. But it won't be regulated output.

Generally, if you're more likely to use an 18650, get an A8.

If you prefer CR123 cells, get an A9.

gazaati

Newly Enlightened
The Dereelight DBS V2 is widely recognized as the king of LED throwers and will be brighter down a distance than the A9.

Thanks :), Whats the maximum out put and how is run time? compared to the tiablo?

Sorry for hassling you.

Whats the difference between those:

DBS V2 w/ 3SM Cree XR-E WC Q5 (SMO) - $125
pixel.gif
DBS V2 w/ 3SD Cree XR-E WC Q5 (SMO) - $125
pixel.gif

DBS V2 w/ 3SD Cree XR-E 5A Q2 (SMO) - $125

Last edited:

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, my vote for the DBS also about which is the best thrower. There are plenty of configruations to choose from. And not to forget it's biggest pro, it's easily upgradeably by buying new pills, instead of buying a new light when you want better output.

But on the other hand, you can get the Tiablo A9S for about half the price of what the DBS costs now...

phypaa

Newly Enlightened
I heard that we can get a half-priced A9 in Hong Kong, but is that a real one?

cdosrun

Enlightened
Thanks :), Whats the maximum out put and how is run time? compared to the tiablo?

Sorry for hassling you.

Whats the difference between those:

DBS V2 w/ 3SM Cree XR-E WC Q5 (SMO) - $125
pixel.gif
DBS V2 w/ 3SD Cree XR-E WC Q5 (SMO) - $125
pixel.gif

DBS V2 w/ 3SD Cree XR-E 5A Q2 (SMO) - $125

3SM is the 3-stage multi-power option, you can use 2xr/cr123 or 18650/17670 cells but at a slightly lower output or with poorer regulation than the digital modules.

3SD Q5 - 3 Stage Digital module higher output and better regulated than multi-power module but you can only use 1x18650/17670, no CR123 option.

The 3SD-Q2 5A is the same as above but the LED is a warm white option (5A bin) with a slightly lower output but warmer colour, there have been some beamshots of this recently; some people consider the warmer colour to be of more use outdoors.

Andrew

climberkid

Flashlight Enthusiast
the beamshot is here for the color difference. just scroll down to the bottom.

i plan on getting the CL1H V4 3SD XR-E 5A Q2. im pretty excited about it

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard that we can get a half-priced A9 in Hong Kong, but is that a real one?

For what I know, there is at least nothing about the Tiablo A9 from KD that indicates that it is a fake.

artec540

Enlightened
The Dereelight DBS V2 is widely recognized as the king of LED throwers and will be brighter down a distance than the A9.

May I ask for a little amplification of your last post, please?

I have just studied the Dereelight DBS link you provided, suggesting the DBS V2 as a preferable alternative to the A8 or A 9. It's offered in 5 different formats and I don't know enough to understand the significance and/or advantages of each. I am more interested in brightness and throw than run-time, so is any one of the five seriously better in those characteristics? More than one choice of output would be an asset but not if it affects throw.

Also, though most of the options can apparently run with several different batteries, most including 2 123As, one of them has a note saying 3 123As....... does that imply an optional extension or longer body or some such?

Thanks for the help

Fran Oldham

Monocrom

Flashaholic
For what I know, there is at least nothing about the Tiablo A9 from KD that indicates that it is a fake.

If the price seems too good to be true....

Buying from a dealer with a rock-solid reputation is the best way of making sure that a light is legit. I got my A9 from Lighthound.com

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the price seems too good to be true....

Buying from a dealer with a rock-solid reputation is the best way of making sure that a light is legit. I got my A9 from Lighthound.com

I agree, but it's oh so tempting... :)

I've seen pics from some of the lights that's been shipped from KD, and going by those, they LOOK to be the real deal. Box, light, accessoires etc looks right.
But you can never be sure...

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I've seen pics from some of the lights that's been shipped from KD, and going by those, they LOOK to be the real deal. Box, light, accessoires etc looks right.
But you can never be sure...

I've seen fakes of Surefire U2 models that even had the white lettering on the top of the tailcap. Perfect fakes.... except for the selector ring that didn't move or only had two output levels.

No need to always wonder if your light is the real deal, if you buy from an Authorized Dealer. Or, in the case of the A9, one who's got a bullet-proof reputation for integrity.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the A9 but returned it because of poor quality. I also bought Tiablo's newer MA6 and loved it. Throw is 16K, compared to the A9's 20K, but the rest of the light makes up for it.

The thrower king is the DBS v2, with a "D" module and a Q5 LED. From what I've heard, they're much more solid than the A9. And, according to light-reviews.com, where I got the above lux numbers, the throw is approaching 30K lux @ 1m. Runtime with an 18650 is about 50 minutes regulated.