Laser Star Projection Pointer?

instinct

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone ever seen/heard of this? I saw someone using this last night on the ground at a large rave festival in Southern California. You can check out videos on the website. It looked really really cool.

http://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=Laser-Star-Pen

Laser Star Projector Pen The handheld version of laser star projectors, the Mini Laser Star Projection Pens are the newest innovations in visual effects! Best laser display we've seen for under $100, get yours before they sell out! We are the original importers and work with manufacturers world-wide to help design for the future. Order now and enjoy now. Full satisfaction guaranteed, 60 Day warranty.
The newly developed Mini laser Star Pointer projects hundreds of moving stars in your room with amazing effect. The stars are constantly morphing as you turn the dial, there are literally thousands of green laser stars to look at. There are two ways you can adjust your Laser Stars Projector, first you can pivot the projector itself 360 degrees horizontally around the base so that you can control where it is projecting. The other feature is to stop the movement of the stars to view a fixed pattern. It can literally fill up an entire ceiling and portions of several walls at once, creating amazing and beautiful effects! This unique product is totally different than our original Laser Stars Projectors and totally handheld. It is not random or has a star sky effect, but more of a laser light show hypnotizing effect. Adds great ambience to any room, hall, indoors and outdoors, for parties, on trees, buildings, the possibilities are truly endless!
Simply press the Laser Beam button to drive the laser pointer at the same time turning the cap, the laser beam will emit directly from the front of the pen! You will see sparkling stars change variously in the sky!
  • Dynamic Liquid Sky
  • Animated Moving Stars
  • Adjustable Motion Speed with a turn of the dial
  • Laser Output: <30mW
  • Batteries Included 2pcs of 1.5V AAA Batteries
  • Laser Wave Length: 532nm

P.S. Sorry if this has been posted already, I searched, but did not find a result.

instinct

Newly Enlightened
It looks pretty cool to be honest with you.. Right now is a bad time for me financially, and I don't really have the funds to spend on "toys", but I'm sure I'll get this within the year.. It's pretty original too.

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
Right now is a bad time for me financially, and I don't really have the funds to spend on "toys"
79$ is pretty expensive for this laser, even if it is a very good one.
It's quite cheaper at DX: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.12337

I own this laser, wich has a very fun kaleidoscopic function, but the kaleidoscopic module can be removed by hand. Without it, the laser become a classic but very efficient laser pointer.

instinct

Newly Enlightened
Wow.. Nice find.. you just saved me some cash.. I don't think I can wait on purchasing this any longer.

Lermite

Newly Enlightened
Some of the pictures I easily made with this laser:

laser_kaleidoscopique_1.jpg

laser_kaleidoscopique_2.jpg

laser_kaleidoscopique_3.jpg

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I was going to purchase one, but according to the DX web page, they're backordered for another eight days.
So I'll wait until I'm at my new location before placing the order.

instinct

Newly Enlightened
Just got mine today! That was SUPER quick.. 11 Days.. Maybe because I live so close to the Long Beach Ports?

Anyways.. The product is really fun, the laser seems like it's about 30mw for the first couple seconds, then dies down to about 15mw. I would be a lot happier if it kept it's brightness, but I guess for $25 it's expected. I've been playing with it all day.

instinct

Newly Enlightened
Ugh.. it keeps getting dimmer quicker even with a new battery.. :( My satisfaction level is going down.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Mine from DX just came a short time ago today. :thumbsup:
With the kaleidoscopic head removed, power output measures 48.645mW.
I have not yet performed spectroscopy on it to see if IR filtering is effective though.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Thanks Craig.
Is it still maintaining the same power output?
You're more than welcome DArklite! :)

Mine has thus far been substantially more stable than I expected it to be, with power outputs ranging from 46mW and change to 48.645mW.
However, I've heard anecdotal reports that power output stability is a significant issue with this particular laser; so the stability of my particular unit should not necessarily be indicative of the stability (or lack thereof) of all other units. :/

Here's a sneak peek at the web page that will be going up tomorrow morning: http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/seventee/kallaser.htm
This evaluation is reasonably complete; it's even post-dated for tomorrow just like a check (or "cheque" for non-US viewers) might be. :laughing:

instinct

Newly Enlightened
My friend got one as well and his is MUUUCH MUUUCH better than mine. Mine dies very shortly, and the beam dims after about 2 seconds when I turn it on. His does not dim at all. I'm a jealous boy.