VitalGear FB2 + Nitecore Extreme?

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Hey guys, my NE arrives today, and while I usually like to play with a light for a while before I go modding it, I was wondering if anyone has tried the combo of a NE head and a FB2 body? They're both supposedly E-series compatible. I understand the NE head is not rated for 6v, so I was wondering if an 18650 fits in the FB2 body? Otherwise, I could use a 1 CR123 spacer and just use a single cell, but the extended runtime from the 18650 would be great. Thanks!

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to give you an idea of how it will look

DSC00258.jpg

or try a SF combo

DSC00257.jpg

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
As mentioned 18650 is too wide, but 17670 will work. I use my NE on a FB2 with an AW 17670: absolutely love the overall package.

I also have a FB1 on order for when I want to carry it as a 1x123 package because I really don't get along well with the NE body.

houtex

Enlightened
what I meant was is the one that is on order black. I was told by SupremeCo that black is not in stock.I actually own 3 Fb1 bodies in natural HA. Thay are my favoriites:D

houtex

Enlightened
SupremeCo has them.I just don't know what all they have. If it is old stock or are new parts being made or what. I wrote them about some FB1's in black and was told they would get back to me when they had more.This was almost a year ago.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
A month ago I ordered a black FB2 and Fb1. They then told me the FB1s were not in stock. I had them just ship a FB2. Nice people to work with once you start talking to them.

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
I put in an order with SupremeCo for HA. Hopefully they actually have them. I placed my order last night actually, and haven't heard anything one way or the other yet. Keeping my fingers crossed I guess... :green:

Illum

Flashaholic
that E2D + Nitecore pic looks fantastic!

Be careful though, some E2Ds don't fit 17670s without some sanding. I dunno about the VitalGear:thinking:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
So my Extreme arrived a few minutes ago. I tried the FB2 body and it does look pretty awesome in person. I got the black anodized crenulated bezel version of the NE.

As far as the light goes though, i don't see why they sell for $90. It might all be in the electronics, because i'm not that impressed with the body. The clip was a little loose for my liking, so i took it off and bent it a bit, but i feel like those tiny screws holding it on won't last too long with the abuse my lights go through. I was expecting better.

TOTC

Newly Enlightened
I put in an order with SupremeCo for HA. Hopefully they actually have them. I placed my order last night actually, and haven't heard anything one way or the other yet. Keeping my fingers crossed I guess... :green:
Well, they got back to me and informed me they have the FB2 in stock but not the FB1

So if anyone has an FB1 they want to sell me, just give me the word

Daark

Banned
So my Extreme arrived a few minutes ago. I tried the FB2 body and it does look pretty awesome in person. I got the black anodized crenulated bezel version of the NE.

As far as the light goes though, i don't see why they sell for $90. It might all be in the electronics, because i'm not that impressed with the body. The clip was a little loose for my liking, so i took it off and bent it a bit, but i feel like those tiny screws holding it on won't last too long with the abuse my lights go through. I was expecting better.

Does your NiteCore Extreme look cheap? please explain, i'm wating for delivery of my own NE.
Did you also bought from Fenix-Store? :green: I paid only $81.00 with the CPF cupon -8%.

Last edited:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
The NE does not LOOK cheap. After playing with it for a while, I'd say it's on par with Fenix if they were to build this light. Everything is made fairly well, but the screws that hold the clip on are my only objection. They're really tiny, and they only grab by 3 or 4 threads into the body. Overtightening would probably be an issue. The clickie switch is nice, the interface is easy once you read the instructions. I think Nitecore should've spent less on packaging and made the clip mounting surface about 1mm bigger, to grab a bigger screw.

I paid $68 + shipping from Tadgear. They have discontinued their relationship with Nitecore and were clearing them out.

I'll be EDCing this light in some harsh conditions for the next 3 weeks, so I'll add my thoughts when I get back.

Daark

Banned
The NE does not LOOK cheap. After playing with it for a while, I'd say it's on par with Fenix if they were to build this light. Everything is made fairly well, but the screws that hold the clip on are my only objection. They're really tiny, and they only grab by 3 or 4 threads into the body. Overtightening would probably be an issue. The clickie switch is nice, the interface is easy once you read the instructions. I think Nitecore should've spent less on packaging and made the clip mounting surface about 1mm bigger, to grab a bigger screw.

I paid $68 + shipping from Tadgear. They have discontinued their relationship with Nitecore and were clearing them out.

I'll be EDCing this light in some harsh conditions for the next 3 weeks, so I'll add my thoughts when I get back.

Sorry to hear about the tinny screws, What is that for poop?
NOT something that i was expected from a expensive flashlight for $88.00
I wondering if Fenix-Store knows anything about this problem with the loose clip and to short screw? :thinking: very bad...

Have anyone here told them yet..?

Last edited:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I brought my Extreme a couple of months ago and been EDCing it ever since.
I would say, for a China made light its ranks fairly high.
I agree with the above, the clip screws leave alot to desire, but I never carry
it only using the clip ..... but then again I can go for this Lego

DSC00260.jpg

:naughty::naughty::naughty:

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
To be clear, the clip was not loose in the sense that the screws were not tight. It was properly secured when I got it. However, since I like to pocket carry, I like the clip nice and close to the body of the light so when I sit down or lay down, the light doesn't fall out. They supply the allen key to remove the clip screws, and when I took them out, I said to myself "that's it?". The clip itself is sturdy, and I don't foresee a problem with the screws UNLESS you are constantly removing and reinstalling the clip.

Also, they claim the light is hard anodized. Well, I just took it out of my pocket, where all my EDC's ride, right next to my folder knife, and the sharp corners are already missing some small specs of anodizing. I had my Fenix T1 in the same spot for 3 months and it doesn't even look like I used it. This fact doesn't bother me because it'll get scratched up eventually anyway, but I expected better.