*New* 93 CRI Seoul P4

Nos

Enlightened
is this emitter really new, does someone allready have some of those ? :whistle:
when i get the specs right, the max flux rating is 145 lumens at 1A -.-

66011xg8.jpg

http://www.leds.de/product_info.php?info=p593_Seoul_Z-Power_LED_P4_warm-white_145lm_CRI_93.html

Last edited:

Nos

Enlightened
4sevens mentioned something about a new flashlight under development using a 93 CRI emitter :poke:

it was somewhere in the PD threads ...... hmmm but i cant find it again

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's not really new. I've seen it listed for a While. It was kinda ho hum for CPF because it's not the brightest LED. Everyone got caught up with having the best and brightest.

The non-cool white High CRI P4 brings us back to efficiency levels close to LuxIIIs. That's right they are about half as efficient as the cool-white counter parts.

Typical output is 50-70lm at 350mA. Depending on color temp you pick.

It was only until recently with McGizmo's sundrop that people started to care about color temp and CRI instead of just raw output.

TexLite

Enlightened
Nos,

I have some of these,SRO tint and S2 flux.They're rated at 800ma max though(if these are S42180),not 1000ma.I have checked many different sources and the highest flux bin I have seen is S2.

I have put these in some different host,one being a Fenix L1P,thread here:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/202363

I am probably going to get some more,PM me if you want me to get you some.

Michael

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Then explain my thread about warm white Crees from March.

Ok ok. McGizmo uh give it his McGizmo bump.

I've personally have been looking at warm white high CRI LEDs for a while but they haven't been bright enough. Cree's are nice but I'm looking to retrofit Luxs.

To be fair McGizmo brought the emphasis to hand held lighting, warm white and high CRI. Your thread was focusing on warm white high flux LEDs. Those Cree's CRI's are in the 70's aren't they?

TexLite

Enlightened

I've personally have been looking at warm white high CRI LEDs for a while but they haven't been bright enough. To be fair McGizmo brought the emphasis to hand held lighting, warm white and high CRI.

I had been bothered by tint before,but McGizmo's CRI Thread/Sundrop really did put me over the top and got me started on my search.

Your thread was focusing on warm white high flux LEDs. Those Cree's CRI's are in the 70's aren't they?

The XRE datasheet list the Cool and Neutral White CRI as 75, Warm White CRI as 80.As LukeA has stated elsewhere,Cree list the CRI of some of there newer household lighting with CRI's in the 90's,but the datasheet for the current XR-E's or MC-E's dosent reflect this,bare in mind though that they still have Q5 as the highest flux bin,we know that R2's are widely available.Perhaps they will update the spec's sometime soon,untill then,I'm still skeptical.

Cree's are nice but I'm looking to retrofit Luxs.

These High CRI P4's are ideal for Lux-III retrofit.

Thanks,
Michael

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

I've personally have been looking at warm white high CRI LEDs for a while but they haven't been bright enough. Cree's are nice but I'm looking to retrofit Luxs.

To be fair McGizmo brought the emphasis to hand held lighting, warm white and high CRI. Your thread was focusing on warm white high flux LEDs. Those Cree's CRI's are in the 70's aren't they?

Datasheet says CRI is typ. 80. Green is what's lacking, I think.

Last edited:

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used a bunch of SSC P4s. But these are still only S ranked. They are still not bright enough to warrant use over the cool whites. I noticed them(Neutral/Warm white) when SSC released the first P4s. But I noticed their efficiency was only slightly more than a Lux3.

If SSC went the way Cree did with the warm whites I'd use them. Semi-ok CRI, nice Color temps and decent flux.

I'm surprised Green is what's lacking. In the WW Crees.

If I remember correctly Cree's indoor lighting is actually a fixture. I hear it's over 90 for CRI. We know tint's shift with Power delivered. I wonder if CRI is also affected by drive rate. If so then maybe a lower drive rate will give a higher CRI.

Last edited:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've used a bunch of SSC P4s. But these are still only S ranked. They are still not bright enough to warrant use over the cool whites. I noticed them(Neutral/Warm white) when SSC released the first P4s. But I noticed their efficiency was only slightly more than a Lux3.

If SSC went the way Cree did with the warm whites I'd use them. Semi-ok CRI, nice Color temps and decent flux.

I'm surprised Green is what's lacking. In the WW Crees.

If I remember correctly Cree's indoor lighting is actually a fixture. I hear it's over 90 for CRI. We know tint's shift with Power delivered. I wonder if CRI is also affected by drive rate. If so then maybe a lower drive rate will give a higher CRI.

Looking at the datasheet, there really isn't that much lack of green. There is however, virtually no cyan, and I suspect that this is responsible for the lower CRI. (But we don't really need cyan, we see blue + green as cyan)

McGizmo

Flashaholic
..... (But we don't really need cyan, we see blue + green as cyan)

If an object appears cyan to us by virtue of reflecting blue and green light then we will see it as cyan if we have a source that has blue and green light. If the object only reflects a narrow band of cyan light then we will not see it as cyan if we don't have cyan present in our light source. The light that returns to us is what counts; not the light we send out.

I got some high CRI samples from Seoul and I can't trust my Integrating Sphere to the point that I take its measurements as gospel but the couple I tested fell shy of 90 CRIa by my measurements. They were in the high 80's. They were also warmer in color temp than I personally like and the flux was down there as has been mentioned. I found collimating the beam gave me a tint variation from spill to spot and by bead blasting the sapphire window, I got a mild diffusion which blended these tints nicely.

I think the guys who can't stand the typical high color temps of the LED's will appreciate these Seouls provided they are willing to take the loss in flux.