Anyone this Solarforce Q5 drop in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightinsky

Enlightened
Just wanted some incite on this drop in I am waiting to arrive via air mail. It is rated at 225 lumens at 6 volts but I'm sure it won't be actual out the front lumens. Will it fit in a surefire 6P with or without the outer spring?

A while back there were beamshots comparing the malkoff, bog, wolfeyes, and the solarforce Q5's. Were can I find the photos.

Thanks in advance for your help cpfers!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Solarforce-Q5-C...VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have had 3. They are in the 150 Lumen range out the front. They use the spring, otherwise the best way to get a good fit and good contact it to wrap around the side with Aluminum foil.

One of the units that were delivered had a defective driver board. I disconnected the driver board and set it up to run direct drive. I got it up to 250 lumens but it wouldn't stay there long as it warmed up. It holds at around 220 lumens in direct drive mode without the driver board in its final configuration.

I have an Integration sphere at work, these are real numbers.

lightinsky

Enlightened
150 lumens out the front sounds like a great increase over the standard 65 lumens P60 incan in my surefire 6P. Hopefully mine won't have a driver board issue when it arrives. Will the module work in a 6P with no spring? The reason I ask is a got a DX 1447 P4 last winter and put it in my G2 with no spring and have never had a problem with connectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.