• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Titanium PR-T head ... any interest?

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I understand that the PR-T (Pocket Rocket - Turbo) head was made only in Al. It is such an awesome head that it really deserves to be made in Ti.

As I was playing with the one that BigHonu sold me, I thought about a Ti version (with grooves to match the 2x123 Pak), updated emitter, and a 2-speed or 3-speed driver. I do understand that Don's plate is pretty full at this point, and wondered if anyone else is interested in a Ti PR-T. I think there'd be a good market for it, but that isn't my call:huh:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
If you do make the PR-T don't forget to make the ecan for it too. They're no longer made as well & the escan is shorter.

precisionworks

Flashaholic
I don't plan on making these, but hope that enough readers show interest so Don might consider bringing it back in an updated Ti version. It has a beautiful beam pattern:thumbsup:

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Precisionworks,
If and when I have some of the three speed converters to work with, I am considering a reflectored head to use with it and the 1x123 McClickie pak (in Ti). However, I don't know what LED or what reflector I will want to use. I personally prefer the beam from the 27L with Seoul as well as the 19XR reflector coupled with the Cree over the original 27 mm reflector. :shrug:

I should also mention that the 3 speed converter would be hosted in a threaded light engine and no plans of an integral bulkhead as used in the PR and PR-T heads.

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
What is a 2 or 3 "speed" converter? Is there something that I missed? Does that just mean different brightness levels?

precisionworks

Flashaholic
McLux PR Head: a bigger head with a 27mm Pelican Reflector ("PR") that is similar to the newer and better McR-27

McLux PR-T Head: a trimmed down PR Head for applications with less need for heatsinking, otherwise the same (Don claims the "T" stands for "trimmed", but we all know it means "Turbo", of course )

Call it what you like:lolsign:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
Straight from Don's site:

PR-T.jpg

Yeah, who cares what they're called. I'm just happy to own some. I've even got unbuilt ones left in my stash too. :nana:

Would be nice if some one did duplicate them in Ti. I know it won't be don though but I'd be in for one.

FrogmanM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe Mirage Man can drum some up? He did wonders on the A19 heads in Ti...:whistle:

Mayo

roguesw

Enlightened
Yeah, who cares what they're called. I'm just happy to own some. I've even got unbuilt ones left in my stash too. :nana:

Envy, I only have 2 more left, one black Pr-T and a bare Al PR. They will be destined for the CREE MC-E in the future.