Not open for further replies.

Polar

Newly Enlightened
How bright is this light compared to a surefire e1e.Also
run time diffs.Thanks

PieThatCorner

Enlightened
Hi Polar-

You should get close to 90 minutes of runtime (fresh battery) with the SureFire E1e incandescent lamp, with 15 lumens of light output. With the KL1 LED attachment, you're still looking at close to 90 minutes of runtime, but with about 16 lumens of light output. Not to mention the additional runtime when it falls out of regulation (KL1).

The Arc LSH-P has close to a two hour runtime, also on a fresh single 123 lithium. The light output, dependent on the bin flux rating for the LED, should average close to 30+ lumens (for the Premiums... the "P" in LSH-P), a rating I'm simply using from Lumileds. Plus, once it falls out of regulation, you still get a "moon mode" runtime.

Hope I didn't make any errors there... someone please fill in the corrections where applicable.

-Jim

SUREFARC

Enlightened
I have both and I should say the E1e bears no comparison with the LSHP in terms of brightness and whitess(the e1e beam is very yellow). But the e1e has a better throw I believe.

onelight

Enlightened
Polar I do not have a LSH-P but I do have a LSL-P & LSH-S both the LSL-P & LSH-S put out more light for short range tasks than my e1e but the e1e has a tighter beam that will reach futher.Either LS seems much nicer to me for almost all the things I use a light for. Either LS is brighter than my e1e-kl1,my e2e-kl1 is just barely brighter than my LSL-P, at least this is how they appear to my eyes. They are all great lights & I would buy them all again,I use my lights at work, & prefer the color & smooth flood from the led,you also get lots of warning from led's before they go dark from battery drain,& they don't burn out. This is comforting when you are at the far end of an attic, basement or warehouse. You may need more light throw than 1w leds give.But I like them better than incandesent. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

llvo

Enlightened
am I right that LSH-P has a 2 hours 'high' beam?

my E1e-KL1 only last for <1.5hours...

paulr

Flashaholic
Interesting, I saw some beamshots in another thread that showed the KL1 as slightly brighter than an LSH (maybe not the P version). There's still some variation in these things. I guess I'll try to resist buying one til they get more consistent.

onelight

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif my kl1 on my e2e seems brighter than my LS but kl1 on e1e seems dimmer. Not a big difference to my eyes.All are nice and bright.

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the lsh-s and the e1e/KL1 was brighter than the lsh but my new lsh-p is as bright, or so it seems, but with a whiter beam without the purplish center spot. I actually carry both.

dilettante

Newly Enlightened
I just got LSH-P number 021. The package was sealed on 4/1/03 and says I have a Q3K rank LS. FWIW, here are my initial impressions.

1. My E1e/KL1 looks much bluer than the LSH-P.
2. The LSH-P looks a little bit green compared to the E1e/KL1 and my E2e Outdoorsman with the original incandescent lamp (probably because the former is blue and the latter is yellow).
3. I can't tell which is brighter. The KL1 seems to cast a broader beam and yet the the hot spot of the KL1 seems a little brighter than the larger hot spot of the LSH-P.
4. The beams are qualitatively different. The edge of the LSH-P's beam is distinct. The edge of the KL1's beam is much less so. It seems to cast a much broader beam.
5. The LSH-P is lighter and more compact than the E1e/KL1, but the E1e/KL1 fits in my hand really well and I can use the lock out tail cap to keep the light off in my pocket. I am mildly concened about the Kroll tail switch on the LSH-P being intermittently switched on in my pocket and using up battery life--it hardly takes any pressure to turn on the LSH-P intermittently (Guess I'll have to invest in a "twisty" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Time will tell which one will get carried more.

rocketmaninphx

Newly Enlightened
I have both the ARC LSH-P and several other LED Flashlights
The key comparatives being:
Blaster II & VI
Lambda Illuminator SM & earlier model
SF E1E & E2E w/KL1

The ARC LSH=P is much Whiter, Brighter and Samller than all of the rest with the key exception being the Blaster VI, which is whiter and brighter with more throw (Not in the same class as the TigerLight or the SF M4 but an interesting execution of a 5W)

I also have a ASC LSL Rev 2 (CM is trying to talk me into pulling the 1W out and installing a 5W). The Lambda's, SF's and Blaster II are of comparitive brightness and color to the LSL Rev 2 but not the LSH-P. The Blaster has the advantage of larger optics and has greater throw.

Gandalf

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
paulr said:
Interesting, I saw some beamshots in another thread that showed the KL1 as slightly brighter than an LSH (maybe not the P version). There's still some variation in these things. I guess I'll try to resist buying one til they get more consistent.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Arc-LSH-P isn't as bright as either of my KL1 modules when used on an E2 or E2e body. The Kl1 is running on about 6.3 volts. But it's a bit brighter, using 2 AA lithiums, than my KL1's on an E1. It's all relative to voltage going in, IMHO.

Comparing the Arc-LSH-P and SF E1 + KL1, the light output looks the same. But because the color temperature is so different, and the LSH-P has a tighter beam, it's hard to judge. I'd call them even, when shined on a glossy white wall from less than 12 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.