anyone attach glow in dark strip on their flashlight ?

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
anyone attach glow in dark strip on their flashlight ? it suppose to help you to find flashllight in the dark.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
i have GITD stickers on some of my lights. :grin2: it will glow for about 8mins under full charge before starting to dim. would that be considered a runtime test? :shrug:

initially bought GITD hollow 'lanyard' from hobby fishing stores. but never used them as i rarely fix lanyards on my lights, so the sticker option is prefered.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
I have, but I much rather have a GID powder + epoxy ring/accents instead. GID epoxy is a whole lot brighter and more durable than any GID tape I've found. Here's an example of what I do, on my trust ol'Pila GL3.

gl3glow0ky.jpg
gl3glow19oq.jpg

firefly99

Enlightened
I have, but I much rather have a GID powder + epoxy ring/accents instead. GID epoxy is a whole lot brighter and more durable than any GID tape I've found. Here's an example of what I do, on my trust ol'Pila GL3.

gl3glow0ky.jpg
gl3glow19oq.jpg
You did a very nice job.

I had applied the "GID powder + epoxy" on my Surefire G2 and E2D many moons ago. But somehow they did not glow. After several months it became dull and dirty. Now unable to remove the stuff from G2. Only manage to remove some portion from my E2D.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
nice job on the light, greenLED! :)

pity there is no glow powder available where i am at. :(

Last edited:

savumaki

Enlightened
Similar to above I use GID with clear spray epoxy; mask a ring on flashlight or whatever and apply multiple coats of epoxy dusted with GID powder. (let dry between coats). I use 3-4 coats with a final coat of epoxy and WOW- can they be seen at night.
My wifes WE is on her bed table and it glows all night; no problem finding it.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Similar to above I use GID with clear spray epoxy; mask a ring on flashlight or whatever and apply multiple coats of epoxy dusted with GID powder. (let dry between coats). I use 3-4 coats with a final coat of epoxy and WOW- can they be seen at night.
My wifes WE is on her bed table and it glows all night; no problem finding it.

Where do you get spray-on epoxy?
Does it adhere well to Surefire anodize?

thanks!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have trit "danglers" on lights, keys, etc. A couple of lights have reflective tape from auto parts store. GITD and hi-vis stuff is very important to me because of failing vision. I'll gladly pay for the trits over plain GITD.

Even have a trit on my little black dog's collar so I don't step on her in the dark!

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast

gl3glow0ky.jpg
gl3glow19oq.jpg

Where did you buy the Epoxy glow in dark stuff?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
my U2 and L4 both have a glow in the dark ring similar to greenled's around their heads
my novatac was wearing a gitd o ring, but the oring fell off, so now it just flashes once every few seconds so i can find it

g36pilot

Enlightened
You did a very nice job.

I had applied the "GID powder + epoxy" on my Surefire G2 and E2D many moons ago. But somehow they did not glow. After several months it became dull and dirty. Now unable to remove the stuff from G2. Only manage to remove some portion from my E2D.

I use a heat gun (a hair dryer may work) to warm up cured epoxy for removal. Moderate heat should be plenty. Be careful not to overheat electronics.

greenLED

Flashaholic
Thanks, guys. I'm a sucker for GID stuff. :crazy:

Soreyez - if you can't get GID powder to your location, the next best thing are Sigman's glo-rings (at the CPFM).

+1 on heating the epoxy for removal. From the time I took those pics of my GL3 I've removed the GID material from the bezel. I simply dropped the bezel in boiling water for a few minutes and then pushed the epoxy off with a toothpick.

I get my GID powder from glowinc.com (I call it "pixie powder").

The epoxy + GID recipe was originally posted by Master Darkzero a while back.

Here's a couple more pics:

These are not GID rings around the light, but they're cool too (around the switch button):

HaChayalBoded

Newly Enlightened
What exactly are the glow rings on the bottom of the lights? I think I'm going to be putting some of this stuff on my motorcycles or helmets.....

savumaki

Enlightened
Where do you get spray-on epoxy?
Does it adhere well to Surefire anodize?

thanks!
Sorry about the delay, holidays and all that;
the spray I used was from a local H/W store; clear and fast dry BUT probably not 'epoxy'. I believe it was a urethane of sorts.
I applied it to a wolf eyes which has similar anodize to SF and it has been there for 8-9 mons. It however does not get rough usage since it sits on the wifes dresser waiting to be used!!!!!!!!
I have used clear epoxy mixed with GID powder but I wasn't happy with the result and removed it in 2-3 mons.(hot water)