-Tri bore host

whs.jpg

whs1.jpg

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

uluapoundr

Newly Enlightened
Jo,
I was thinking about doing a build like this. What kind of Amp readings you getting direct drive off the three AW 17670?

Britelumens

Enlightened
Jo,
I was thinking about doing a build like this. What kind of Amp readings you getting direct drive off the three AW 17670?

Hi uluapoundr,

This mod is running off a D2DMIN drawing a current approximately 2.7 ~2.8 amp to all the 3 led's getting about 2000+ lumens in all.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
What about run time? Also how is a light like this wired? What I mean is do you just twist all the pos. wires and all the negs. together and run them to a 2.8a driver? If no pleas explain.

Very nice mod by the way.:cool:

Last edited:

Britelumens

Enlightened
What about run time? Also how is a light like this wired? What I mean is do you just twist all the pos. wires and all the negs. together and run them to a 2.8a driver? If no pleas explain.

Very nice mod by the way.:cool:

Hi vestureofblood,

The 3 x P7 are wired in series ( +pos to +neg )hence sharing the same current path. Running at the highest setting from the D2DIM draw approximately 2.7 ~ 2.8 amps @ 2000+ lumens.

Runtime based on the capacity of 1600mAh AW 17670. It would be about 40 ~ 45 mins at the highest ouput.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
- 3 x Seoul P7 C bin
-D2DIMM Driver
-Modified McR20 reflector
-UCL lens
-FM premium 3 x 17670 battery holder
-Custom black anodized heatsink
-approxmate 1.5D size
-Tri bore host

whs.jpg

whs1.jpg

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens
Wow Jo, that is a fantastic light. Perfect size too. Would you consider making any of these to sell?

Thanks,

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jo, I too may be interested in purchasing one if you were to go into production with this. Any guesstimate on price not including the batt. holder?

Britelumens

Enlightened
Hi Chopper & brightisbetter,

Eventually this unit would be in B/S/T.
I think I will be able to make a few for those who might be interested if I can gather enough parts for it.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi vestureofblood,

The 3 x P7 are wired in series ( +pos to +neg )hence sharing the same current path. Running at the highest setting from the D2DIM draw approximately 2.7 ~ 2.8 amps @ 2000+ lumens.

Runtime based on the capacity of 1600mAh AW 17670. It would be about 40 ~ 45 mins at the highest ouput.

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

Ok sorry for being sutch a Noooob, but I still am not totaly clear on how to wire this setup. I take the first emitter and run a wire from its postive to the next emitters negative then from emitter 2s pos. to emitter 3s neg. then from 3s pos back to emitter ones neg? Then I just pick one and run a second set of pos. neg. wires to the driver? Am I even getting warm?

Then provided I have the wireing right the batteries are in series, so is the driver putting 11.1 volts to the emitters, or is it cut back down to 3.7 or somthing?

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
positive of battery to positive of LED1 the negative of LED1 to Positive of LED2 Negative of LED2 to Positive LED 3 Negative of LED3 to negative of battery.

Britelumens

Enlightened
Ok sorry for being sutch a Noooob, but I still am not totaly clear on how to wire this setup. I take the first emitter and run a wire from its postive to the next emitters negative then from emitter 2s pos. to emitter 3s neg. then from 3s pos back to emitter ones neg? Then I just pick one and run a second set of pos. neg. wires to the driver? Am I even getting warm?

Then provided I have the wireing right the batteries are in series, so is the driver putting 11.1 volts to the emitters, or is it cut back down to 3.7 or somthing?

Hi vestureofblood,

Not a noob at all, you are welcomed.
Let me try, say each emitter has 2 leads:

LED #1 A (+ve), B (-Neg)
LED #2 C (+ve), D (-Neg)
LED #3 E (+ve), F (-Neg)

That would be B to C, D to E and the A and F to your driver or battery if you are doing DD (direct drive).

Did I confused you? :D

positive of battery to positive of LED1 the negative of LED1 to Positive of LED2 Negative of LED2 to Positive LED 3 Negative of LED3 to negative of battery.

Thank you Packhorse.

I'm interested in the heatsink and reflector, do you sell them separately?

I would like a heat sink and a set of reflectors as well.

Hi J3004 and Mettee,

At the moment, I do not have the reflector for sale separately as these stock McR20 need to rework to suit the P7 emitters. I am sorry :(

With regards,
Jo @ Britelumens

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks to Britelumens, and Packhorse

I understand the way to wire this now. So provided the emitters are wired in series, if I was going to DD this light do I run the batteris in series? Just go 11.1v to the first emitter? And just add another 3.7 volts per emitter, 4 emitters= 4 batteries in series?