Neat, chunky, colourful Lanyards.

slitheen

Newly Enlightened
Manchester, United Kingdom. God's own city!
Firstly, let me say a heartfelt "hello"....I'm both new to this hobby and this forum. :wave:

Yes, lanyards. On looking through pictures of lights/collections belonging to established 'torch-a-holics' (sorry, I'm English:), I often see the most BEAUTIFUL, rope/braid colourful lanyards hanging off of their torches. Either they're custom/home made, or they're unique to North America.....as I can't for the life of me find anything in the UK even close to the quality of the lanyards I see you guys draping from your torches.

I would kill to own a couple for my first two torches (a couple of nice Fenix models on the way). See, I'm a kak-handed SOB and handycraft of any kind is quite beyond me, so if anyone knows of someone in the hobby that makes/sells them, and would be prepared to send a couple to the UK for a negotiated price, I would be eternally grateful. That is if there isn't simply a website that sells them too?

Most grateful for any forthcoming help. :thumbsup:

Glen C

Enlightened
Welcome Slitheen, I am from a torch country too :)

I am sure you will find a hobbyist who can custom make exactly what you want, if not a serving Police Officer sells his products through my site: http://wolfeyes.com.au/lanyards-p-85.html

Good luck in your quest, I am sure you will find someone who has just what you want

Glen C

Enlightened
PS Don't forget to try the CPF Marketplace section too, located at the top of this page in the blue bar

slitheen

Newly Enlightened
Manchester, United Kingdom. God's own city!
Seriously guys, thanks a lot. And believe it or not, I spent a good while Googling before I asked here, so some of these sites are pretty well hidden. Googling 'custom lanyards' just brings up those funky, crap made in China, mass produced things for mobile phones and ID cards. Not what i wanted at all. You guys have put me well on the right track. :cool:

That lanyardzone place has some *seriously* beautiful stuff....but they seem to be all made specifically for knives. The torch specific ones I've seen have a split ring on them as opposed to the long loop for attaching to a knife. I'm working out if one could be adapted without breaking the cord anywhere, or if I should email and ask if a couple of torch specific custom jobs could be knocked up for me.

If not, I'll be buying one of their key fobs anyway....and continuing my search elsewhere. As with all my EDC stuff, I like to buy quality items that will last for many years....so it is worth the effort hunting for the right thing.

dom

Enlightened

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Theres a guy in Wales who makes some Lanyards ..... by the way Im Chinese :D

I'll try and find some more details for you

foxtrot29

Enlightened
The Landyard Zone has some great looking stuff, just put an order in myself.

Chuck

I know! I didn't need a lanyard from lanyardzone until I saw some of their models... Now I have one on the way... :paypal:

lol.... Damn you OP!

Last edited:

jag808808

Enlightened
Aloha slitheen! :welcome:
CIMG0912Medium.jpg

2ndRunall.jpg

1stRunFobsZipper.jpg

2ndRunMonkeyfist.jpg

CIMG0729Medium.jpg

CIMG0735Medium.jpg

CIMG0736Medium.jpg

jag808808

Enlightened

dom

Enlightened
Sorry about that Jag -got some nice work there:thumbsup:

I was actually looking for someone who had done a survival wristband for me
and though he might make lanyards as well -got sidetracked with the few makers i did find.

All fixed now though:)

Cheers
Dom

foxtrot29

Enlightened
I got about 50' of Coyote Brown, 50' of Black and 50' of Olive Drab w reflective tracer paracord coming to me.... I think I'll be weaving up a few lanyards soon... :)

It's really not that hard, even for a novice if you just look it up on the appropriate website. What it does take is some practice and time.

rolling

Enlightened
I have 100 feet of paracord laying around because i cant find a tutorial to make a lanyard exactly like the ones on the NDI :(

greenLED

Flashaholic
I was actually looking for someone who had done a survival wristband for me
and though he might make lanyards as well -got sidetracked with the few makers i did find.
Dom - Jumpmaster is, well..., the master of paracord survival wristbands.