• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Interest Thread For Titanium EX10......

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interest Thread For Titanium EX10 >UPDATE 1/26<......

First off, This is an interest thread, and not a pre-order thread.

Second, These are NOT affiliated in any way to Nitecore or 4sevens.

These are custom Titanium 6-4 bodies, and these are samples. The Nitecore name and model was done on these to help show the quality of machine work, and it is top notch.
The production pieces will not have Nitecore on them.

We would like to get some numbers of people Seriously interested, to help with the production numbers.
There are a couple of issues to work out, like the bezel not screwing down all the way. A thinner o-ring may be used, or shorten the bezel height.

The threading on the head and body are different than stock. The stock threads are very thin and these will be a little thicker and are "fine" threaded.

We would like to know a few things, assuming there are no problems,
Do you like the "stonewashed" finish, or standard finish?
Would you prefer the crenulated bezel or standard style bezel?
Any other thoughts?

Idea on pricing right now is $70-$75 for the head and body and standard bezel.
Crenulated bezel for these will be around $20

Also, any interest in some Ti bezels to go on the stock light?

It is easy to swap the parts from the stock body to the Titanium body.

*EDIT* 9/30 It looks like the cost for these would be about $125.00 each.

Here is what that would include.
Ti6-4 Head and Body with standard and crenulated bezel. Standard Finish
TiN coated on inside for circuit isolation
Ti piston with 2mmx6mm tritium slot

There would be no options or choices other than what is offered above. The body will have some "grooves" running lengthwise.

We would have to have 50 commited sales to do this.

If you think you would be interested, post in this thread.

If anything changes I will let you know.

We are planning on doing some Titanium crenulated bezels that will fit the stock EX10. They would be $22ea
Post interest for them also.

sany6531tl1.jpg

sany6535vv7.jpg

sany6534qe1.jpg

ex10side1le6.jpg

SEE Last Page For Update.

Last edited:

gunga

Flashaholic
I thought the smart PD system needed the anodization to operate properly?

This is isolation in the circuit?

THese are nice tho. I like non-crenulated but am not sure if I like STonewash better or not...

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very Nice.
I'm in for this.
both bezel type, and both finishes are OK.
It would be nice if you can have 'Tritium hole' in tail. :twothumbs

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you like the "stonewashed" finish, or standard finish?
Would you prefer the crenulated bezel or standard style bezel?

I'd be interested in one or two with standard finish and a crenulated bezel.

MSax

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought the smart PD system needed the anodization to operate properly?

This is isolation in the circuit?

THese are nice tho. I like non-crenulated but am not sure if I like STonewash better or not...

Yes circuit isolation is neccessary. There are a couple ways to do this, and the final solution is still being thought about.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about making AAA sized body for D10s too?
Or CR2 sized. Just tossing ideas out there.

That'd be a kick butt light.

Last edited:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to see this Ti project done with the matching Ti-Piston with trit hole at the end !!! :twothumbs

Am I asking too much? :thinking:

Edwood

Enlightened
I prefer Stonewashed and regular bezel.

I like Stonewashed finish because titanium scratches very easily, and stonewashed finish hides small scratches and scuffs very well. And it's got a decent amount of sheen without being too matte finish.

Oh, and I'd love to have a matching Ti piston with trit slot as well. Perhaps we could get foursevens to do another run?

-Ed

Last edited:

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
I like the stonewashed finish better.

I have to ask though, why copy the design of the body exactly? This is the chance to add some simple machining features to improve the body design. How about some grooves and fluting? I love the aggressive knurling but some other features (think JetBeam or Fenix) would really break up the monotony and complete the package. Another 1 minute of machine time per part isn't going to make much if any difference in cost and you can get a whole lot more out of the design. I would flute the head at least leaving the knurling in between the flutes.

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast

I have to ask though, why copy the design of the body exactly? This is the chance to add some simple machining features to improve the body design. How about some grooves and fluting? I love the aggressive knurling but some other features (think JetBeam or Fenix) would really break up the monotony and complete the package. Another 1 minute of machine time per part isn't going to make much if any difference in cost and you can get a whole lot more out of the design. I would flute the head at least leaving the knurling in between the flutes.

I agree.
These are samples and the final "look" will have something different about it, than these.
They are different if you put it next to a stock body. The thread are was improved over stock for one.

Again this is really to see if there is enough interest to make it viable to do a run.

I will check on the Ti piston idea also.
Thanks for all opinions and thoughts. Keep them coming.

white light

Enlightened

+1 on machining features to improve the body design. I would take 1 Standard finish and a crenulated bezel and 1 Standard finish and a smooth bezel as well

Thujone

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be interested in either finish, standard bezel. I am concerned though about isolation... I too thought the annodization isolated things to make it work properly.