• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired The Last of the Hardcoat Nautilus Lights

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,

I found a few unbuilt parts left in inventory sufficient to build up few Type III Anodized Nautilus lights, 12 in Natural, and 0 in Black.

Here is a brief summary of the light's features:
- Ultra Clear Lens for 99% Light Transmittance
- Deep Parabolic Reflector for Long Distance Illumination
- R2 Flux Bin CREE XR-E – 114 Lumens Minimum Output from the LED
- MilSpec Type III Hardcoat Anodized Aluminum with Brass Innards
- O-Ring Seals at All Junctions – Water Resistant
- ChemKote Interior for Enhanced Corrosion Protection
- Gold Plated Circuit Contacts
- 20.5mm in Diameter by 67mm Short
- 2 Ounces / 57 Grams Weight
- 2:45 Runtime on High Mode, 75 Hour Runtime on Low Mode

Some photos:
2070482328_f77cacc6f6.jpg

2070482792_2228a34e50.jpg

2889720721_de1085d20f.jpg

(The blue light is anodized titanium and available in a different thread.)

Some reviews:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/190430
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/184250

These 16 lights are the very last of the Nautilus parts I have available in aluminum, and I do not foresee them being made again at any point in the foreseeable future as other projects will be one my plate for some time yet to come.

These are available for $195 each, shipped, within the United States via USPS Priority Mail. International orders add an extra $25 for shipping via USPS Express Mail. PayPal is [email protected].

If you have any questions, let me know! :)

-Enrique

Last edited:

precisionworks

Flashaholic
Simply an awesome light ... my black HAIII is in the right pocket as this is written. It hangs around my neck every work day, and sees a lot of run time. Sweet:thumbsup:

mbely2

Enlightened
Just curious: does Nautilus runs on rechargeables or on primaries only?
Thanks,

Mark

Last edited:

StrayLight

Enlightened
Just curious: does Nautilus runs on rechargeables or on primaries only?

Designed for primary only. Though 3.0v LiFePO4 rechargeables will work (I use them in mine), Endeavour has stated he does not endorse their use in his lights.

The Nautilus is a great little torch... the perfect travel or formal dress light, when pocket space is at a premium.

mbely2

Enlightened
Designed for primary only. Though 3.0v LiFePO4 rechargeables will work (I use them in mine), Endeavour has stated he does not endorse their use in his lights.

The Nautilus is a great little torch... the perfect travel or formal dress light, when pocket space is at a premium.

Thanks for the info!
Looking forward to get my Nautilus

gottawearshades

Enlightened
Howdy.

Just wondering, when these lights are going to ship.

Can't wait to get my hands on mine.

Cheers.

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
All lights ordered shipped last week via USPS Priority Mail, I'd imagine most of you should be receiving them today or tomorrow. :)

-Enrique

radiomanss

Newly Enlightened
Received mine today, and it is a terrific light. This sounds like the last chance to get a hardcoat nautilus, and I suggest that if you are thinking about it you should order it.

Both the Aeon and the Nautilus are -- IMHO -- the best EDC lights to be had. The amazing run-time is a function of really top-drawer electronics, and running the LED's at maximum efficiency. At the low setting, either of these lights will run close to all week (evenings), and put out an excellent beam usable in a darkened house or outside. The high is equivalent to the Nova Tacs, with better color rendition and much longer run time.

It's hard to choose between them: the Aeon has the advantage of very small size, and the Nautilus has just about double the run-time and is a bit more comfortable in the hand. Beam is very similar, with a slight advantage to the Nautilus by virtue of its larger reflector.

Once again, bravo Enrique!

mbely2

Enlightened
All lights ordered shipped last week via USPS Priority Mail, I'd imagine most of you should be receiving them today or tomorrow. :)

-Enrique

My Nautilus arrived today. I am impressed! Everything is perfect about it: the quality of this light, the beam, which is almost perfect. I am surprised how deep is reflector for such a small light!

All in all, I am very pleased with the light. It was definitely worth a little wait :)

Thank you, Enrique!

Mark

litew8

Newly Enlightened
My light arrived tues, Texas to Canada in like 3 days, unbeliveable. Been wanting this light for quite awhile, and it was worth waiting for.
I can't belive the run times of this light, the Nautilus will get used alot.

Good Job, Enrique

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm glad you all have liked your lights - sorry it took some of them a bit long to arrive. I built them last week and shipped them out Friday afternoon, the USPS took a little longer to deliver than they usually do.

I still have a few of these left for anyone who's interested. Take care folks. :)

-Enrique