Romisen RC-H3 clicky switch help

Spydermonkey

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Romisen RC-H3 from DX and the clicky switch broke on me. I would like to replace the switch but I have been unable to find a replacement. All of the ones I've found are either too big or not the right size. Here's some pics for reference

flashlight006.jpg

Top right is functioning switch

flashlight004.jpg

The guts

flashlight005.jpg

The collar that the switch is crimped into

Black Rose

Flashlight Enthusiast
RC-H3 is a forward clicky.

Easiest thing to do would be to contact Bryan at ShiningBeam and see if the RC-F4 switch fits the RC-H3.

Last edited:

mhubble

Enlightened
Easiest thing to do would be to contact Bryan at ShiningBeam and see if the RC-F4 switch fits the RC-H3.

RC-F4 switch wont fit the RC-H3. Its too big. About your only option is part out whats left of the light on the B/S/T and then order a new one.

Spydermonkey

Newly Enlightened
I was afraid of that. I guess that I can't expect the world for $14. Thanks guys

I am torn now, Do I order another light for $14 or order the shiningbeam clicky and cannibalize the switch for $3.75

Last edited:

pekcle

Newly Enlightened
I was afraid of that. I guess that I can't expect the world for $14. Thanks guys

I am torn now, Do I order another light for $14 or order the shiningbeam clicky and cannibalize the switch for $3.75

I am almost in the same boat as you, but with the RC-G2. I know the RC-G2 and RC-N3 switch are just barely a different size. $3.75 wouldn't be so bad, but don't forget shipping. Overall, that's probably about $6. Let us know if you find a way to fix/replace it. Thanks.

Spydermonkey

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the one from Shining Beam, and it was a little over $6 (1/2way to a new Romisen). I'll post up when I get it and find out if it will fit.

Spydermonkey

Newly Enlightened
For those of you that are interested - the clicky is the same and the Shining Beam tailcap can be cannibalized to fix your Romisen.

You just have to decide if a tailcap thats 1/2 the cost of a new light is worth it. At least the Shining Beam comes with a GITD tailcap cover.

pekcle

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for letting us know. I emailed Shining Beam earlier and he said he'll be getting some replacement Romisen switches in his next order (supposedly end of the month). I don't know which models he'll have them for, but that's probably good news for a lot of Romisen owners.