• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Side Button Pocket Pal Lasers! - Awesome!

jayrob

Enlightened
Not FS: Side Button Pocket Pal Lasers! - Awesome!

No longer selling these... Please read this:
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1231511226/0

I found an even better side button host!
cool.gif
(since the 5387 and 5095 hosts are on back order) The host is made by VicLight...

VL7.jpg

VL1.jpg

VL10.jpg

Smaller than the MXDL side button, and much nicer!

* Only 7/8" longer than my tail switch 'Pocket Pal' build: http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1212910842/0
* Uses 3 X AAA batteries. Energizer e2 Lithium batteries will be included. And a dust cap as well. (this build can use rechargeable AAA's too!)
* FlexDrive (nothing but the best driver)
* Custom heatsink, fit for the module of your choice!
* Easy diode access design!

This is the nicest host so far (IMO). I'm taking into consideration things like battery capacity, choice of primaries or rechargeable, small size, the nice side button,

...and of course, the versatility of being able to choose which module to use for your blu-ray, or red burner! (kind of my 'trademark design trait')
smiley.gif

Also, I do not use any heat on the diode harvest. My method, is to use very fine tipped snips, to 'clip' the pins clean. The only heat applied, is when soldering the wire leads to the pins. (about 1 second or less per pin)

Heatsink design:

VL2.jpg

Similar to my 5387/5095 heatsink design, only smaller. Notice the extra space at the bottom of the heatsink to make room for the FlexDrive and wiring!
wink.gif

VL3.jpg

The length of the heatsink is 'fit', so that when the head of the host is screwed down into place, the heatsink is held solid. (this build feels very solid and 'weighty' in your hand)

VL4.jpg

VL5.jpg

This first 803T blu-ray model, is running at 149mA's and putting out a steady 141mW's through the Meredith glass lens. (Coherent PM5200)

For hosts, I found black and silver. (the silver is kind of a light gun metal color):
VL8.jpg

Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
Paul, your Side Button Pocket Pal blu-ray build is shipping today! (Friday)

Paul Uhlig 12-5-08.jpg

Please take a minute to read the included instruction sheet. There are some safety recommendations in there too. Let me know whey you get it!
Jay

jayrob

Enlightened
Xtremespeed, your silver 'Side Button Pocket Pal' blu-ray is ready. This color finishes off very nice with the blu-ray warning label on there!:cool:

Chris Rowlee 12-12-08.jpg

Set to 120mW's per your request. It is a very nice build. This is one of the brightest 803T diodes that I have had! (visually) Shipping tomorrow. (Friday)

You will not be disappointed!
Jay

P.S. Just to let others know that I am offering a $20 dollar discount on the silver ones! Because I have extra ones of that color.

Last edited:

Ferry

Newly Enlightened
Hi Jay,

Please reserved one for me, ok? I will place order again after I receive my pocket mini blu-ray ;)

BTW, If want a green laser in it.. how many mW's are the optimal balance setting between longevity & power? :thinking:

Regards,
FF

P.S. Just to let others know that I am offering a $20 dollar discount on the silver ones! Because I have extra ones of that color.

jayrob

Enlightened
Karlthev, PM replied...

Ferry, your Pocket Mini is hitting the mail today!

These Side Button Pocket Pal builds are available in either red, or blu-ray.

If you want green, I have a different host. I have a choice of using 50mW modules, or 100mW modules. Here's the thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/2740501#post2740501http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1227233016

The green modules are here for the specs on them:
50mW: http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=882
100mW: http://www.o-like.com/b2b_cpinfo.asp?id=909
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
Note: I will have a very limited number of 6X sleds available soon!;) These diodes will be a $50 dollar upgrade above the normal Side Button Pocket Pal price of $235. These 6X blu-ray diodes can be set between 150mW's and 200mW's. I use it on special occasions. I keep a very conservative duty cycle of 30 sec. on / 30 sec. off.
(I do not guarantee diode life. But will rebuild at no charge. You pay for parts and shipping)
Jay

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
It is an excellent pointer for star gazing. You can see the beam reaching out into the night sky...

Also very good for presentations, but you must never point one at a person! (not supposed to do that with a 5mW laser either)

People who are into rock collecting love the blu-ray lasers because they make things glow. Many minerals naturally glow when you shine a blacklight near them. These 405nm beams are near UV...

It's just amazing to many people to have something so small that can easily light a match. Even at 10' or more!

I'm sure to most users, it is nothing more than a toy...
Jay

Last edited:

shuter

Enlightened
jayrob - "It's just amazing to many people to have something so small that can easily light a match. Even at 10' or more!"

Well, you're right, that is amazing. Is that lazer putting out that much heat? If so, how do you point it at anything without burning it?

jayrob

Enlightened
For normal pointing, the sweet spot (IMO), is to focus it for 30' best visual focus. This is the setting I have them at when I send them...

In order to burn, you have to focus it for a very tight dot. Turning the 'finger grip' focus ring counter clockwise, will focus it for closer distances.

If a person wanted to do a lot of burning and stuff, proper eye protection is recommended. For the occasional balloon pop, no big deal...
Jay

Here's a match burn video of a blu-ray laser that I built these 803T diodes set at only 80mW's:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29rmzOsaMI8&feature=channel_page

Here's an example of what a blu-ray at this power will do to any glow in the dark material:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N8Td1dfkIo&feature=channel

Last edited:

jayrob

Enlightened
Cowley, man... it is hard to let this build go! It is awesome...
cool.gif

Britt%20King%206X%2012-31-08.jpg

Set at 192mA's. This is a high efficiency diode!
smiley.gif
I have my 6X Meredith glass build set at 191mA's and I only get 209mW's.

Yours is 224mW's! Shipping tomorrow. (Wednesday) Let me know when you get it...
Jay

Cowley

Newly Enlightened
Jayrob,

Your are the Man, talk about about great service and communication. I'll get word to you when it is delivered and send comments when I get to try it out. Thanks for going out of your way on this one.

Cowley

Cowley

Newly Enlightened
I received my green and blue-ray in fine shape. All I can say is WOW, these two just kill everything else I own in comparison. I haven't had a chance to check the burn capabilities yet, but will post when I get a chance.

Jay's attention to detail and build are great, but even though his lasers are top notch, his service before and after the sale are incomparable.

Thanks Jay, I'll report additional comments when I get a chance to run them some more.

Tachikoma

Enlightened
Hi there Jay (it's me, Kerberos from LPF), I haven't received my blu-ray yet, how long does it usally take to Italy?
Thanks.

jayrob

Enlightened
The package was sent on Thursday, 1/8/09. It normally should have been there I by now... I would think a couple of weeks.

Here is the number off of the customs form. I have heard that you could use it to track it once it reaches your country:
LC321279093US

Sometimes packages get held up for various reasons, but I have not had a problem so far. But as we discussed, buyer takes responsibility with this kind of shipping.

Please keep me informed...
Jay

Tachikoma

Enlightened
Ok I'll let you know ASAIA ;)
Any special instruction on the rechargeable battery?