SureFire Z68 Tailcap

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
I received my m600 Kit01 today from ebay which I got for a low low price of $209. It was $200 and $9 for shipping. I like the design of the z68 tailcap it reminds me of the E2D/E2DL tailcap only without the strike capability enabled by the edges. I noticed that it was very smooth sort of like my 6ps and z2. I was wondering if its Hard Anodized Type II OR III? It really feels like Type II since I compared it to some of my Type II lights such as my 6p. If it is indeed Type II, I would find it strange seeing how the rest of the scout light is Hard Anodized type III.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Of course anodising that is type II is not Hard Anodised (HA) - the term HA is descriptive name for the type III anodised finish.

If you post a photo, I'll be able to tell you whether the Z68 you have is black type II, or Black HA. Having said that, I very much doubt it is type II. It would be the first example of a non-Black HA (type III) Z68 ever discovered that I'm aware of.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
Of course anodising that is type II is not Hard Anodised (HA) - the term HA is descriptive name for the type III anodised finish.

If you post a photo, I'll be able to tell you whether the Z68 you have is black type II, or Black HA. Having said that, I very much doubt it is type II. It would be the first example of a non-Black HA (type III) Z68 ever discovered that I'm aware of.

I'm not too familar with the terms in general so please excuse me :shrug:. I don't have a good camera. The only thing I have that is even close to a camera would be my cell phone. I'll try to take some pics in a few days. I sure hope is it Type III which would just make it all the must better for me. I just have the feeling that its type II because its too smooth and glossy and feels just like the P/C/Z series lights out there. I'll keep you posted. Thanks for you help.

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
I have never posted pictures on CPF before so I apologize if they don't meet the rule and regulations when it comes to sizing. Here they are:

MYLO0016.jpg

MYLO0017.jpg

MYLO0018.jpg

l2icel3all

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for your quick response Size15s. After playing around with my E2Ds I've notice that the smooth area between the knurling on the body and the pocket clip area/ right before the threading for the light assembly seems smooth just like the Z68 tailcap. The whole reason why I thought the Z68 might have been Type II was because of the smoothness that I associated with 6ps and Z2s.