Princetontec Tec40

IcantC

Enlightened
Hey guys,

Had a question I kept meaning to ask. I think I joined CPF a longggggggggg time ago(or a similar site, it was over 5 years ago). I needed a general purpose light for home and was told to purchase a Princetontec Tec40 maybe.

Well it was a incan 4xAA twist head to turn on.

The light was nice, BUT 2 bad things
1) When someone would use it, they would not twist it fully off. So cells would be drained :/.
2) The bottom plastic broke :(. Which lead to the demise. I never dropped it, but seemed as if someone tightened the head too much and it broke.

Anyone else have that happen?

I never sent it off for warranty(not worth the time/money to ship it out and get a new one), so I purchased a new light.

DaveG

Enlightened
I have two of them,one I got years ago and one just a few months back.So far so good my only trouble is changing bulbs can be a pain with the pry the reflector off set up on them.

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had one were the batteries exploded inside , and when i went to open it the acid leaked out and i swallowed compressed air from the inside (not fun) but i have one still and no problems.

thunderlight

Enlightened
I've never had any problem with TEC 40s, but as a precaution, I like to open it up from time to time to check battery condition. I usually use it with rechargeable batteries in any case. I do wish they would sell one of these with the same type of switch as the Surge. I am not a fan of the new models with the rubber grip, but I can understand why this would be useful in bad weather or underwater. For me, it primarily reduces its portability.

IcantC

Enlightened
Ok thanks guys! I thought it was an awesome light for the price. Not sure where it went :(. I think someone threw it out. Oh well i didn't want to waste $5-10 on shipping to get a new one, when I could just buy a new one for that price.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
That happened to my Tec 20. On my Tec 40, the bottom metal contact got bent out of shape from the batteries. It's a good light if you go diving as it has the highest rating, 2000 ft, but it's not that reliable in the long run. If you don't go diving with it, you may want to take a look at the new Amp flashlights. The 4.0 and 5.0 may be brighter (unless you use a 4D Xenon Mag bulb in the Tec 40 like I did). The Amp lights use Rebel l.e.d.s (except the 3.0) and should have a warm or neutral white tint.