Thank you Inova

bobby

Newly Enlightened
I do not write in much but read alot on this forum, just wanted to say Emissive Energy (Inova) is very good on service after the sale. After reading a few other posts on the fine service from Inova, I sent my T1 which had a poor beam quality (shadows and yellowish color) to Emissive Energy following Dorothy's step by step email. A week later received a new T1, excellent beam which is also much brighter, this T1 uses two cr123s. Thanks Inova from Bobby a satisfied customer.:grin2:

cobalt

Newly Enlightened
Inova just replaced another X1 for me. I received the replacement just six days after I mailed the defective X1 to them. Emissive Energy Corporation is outstanding.

What is their standard warranty period, anyway? I've got an old X5 that's acting up. The light doesn't come on until the head is unscrewed to where the o-ring is showing. I never thought about returning it, but if their warranty is so good, maybe they'd fix it.

cobalt

Newly Enlightened
Call Inova at 401-294-2030 for an authorization number, and return shipping instructions.

I'm just concerned about returning it...I doubt they have any parts for this one in stock, they'd have to either repair it or replace it with a current model. I guess calling them would answer that question though.

Raven

Enlightened
Inova customer service is excellent. I know someone who let their batteries leak and swell inside their Inova and it was replaced for free.

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish they would update their X5's with the Nichia GS.

And bring back the red, blue, green, IR and UV models.

Last edited:

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wish they would update their X5's with the Nichia GS.

I bring back the red, blue, green, IR and UV models.

Yep of just make a nice long runtime X model using a floody cree setup. Very few reasons to use 5mm leds imho anymore I've reciently come to realize. But making a new updated tough as a rock long runtime battery vampire version of the X5 would be sweet.

And I definitely yes to a red X5 (and X1 dangit). I prefer teal/cyan to blue or green. For UV, only if it has decent wavelength. Sure to IR as well.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep of just make a nice long runtime X model using a floody cree setup. Very few reasons to use 5mm leds imho anymore I've reciently come to realize. But making a new updated tough as a rock long runtime battery vampire version of the X5 would be sweet.

And I definitely yes to a red X5 (and X1 dangit). I prefer teal/cyan to blue or green. For UV, only if it has decent wavelength. Sure to IR as well.

Teal/cyan,that is the X5 I would like to have! :grin2:

ampdude

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yea, those are the two strong points of the X5 that I like most. The extremely strong bezel and great battery vampire.

It seems like Surefire and Inova got out of the colored LED market at almost the same time, I wonder why that is. I really miss models from both of them.

One suggestion about the red, IR and UV models if they brought them back, they should either cut the body down or make it a two cell light. I hate wasted space.

I've got this older blue X5, and a newer white X5. I think the blue one was the first generation, it has a twisty head and switches on when unscrewed. It says "Patent Pend" on the tail end.

NightFlyer

Newly Enlightened
Sorry about bringing an old thread back, but I found a site online recently that does carry all of the X5 colors. Google for Inova X5 green, red, uv etc and you should find it.

The X5 is covered by a lifetime warranty and mine is less than a year old so it is current gen. I'd love to see them go to Nichia GS and keep the X5 model. It's a great little light. My current one is black. I really wish I had known Target was clearing the titanium colored ones out a few months back, I'd have grabbed one or two. I might still order one of those just so I have both colors. :)

I've mentioned plenty of times that my X5 is the one I keep in my laptop bag. It serves me very well on the occasion I need it.

Hearing positive things about Emissive Energy's warranty and customer service is great. I've got a couple of their lights and it's nice to know the service is available in case I need it.

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova just replaced another X1 for me. I received the replacement just six days after I mailed the defective X1 to them. Emissive Energy Corporation is outstanding.
Wish I could say the same. After obtaining a Return Authorization Number from CS, I sent in my T4 for repair/replacement. It's now going on six weeks and no word yet. A few phone calls now to check status, each time I get the same response: "It should ship out by the end of the week" :ohgeez:

Carpenter

Enlightened
Wish I could say the same. After obtaining a Return Authorization Number from CS, I sent in my T4 for repair/replacement. It's now going on six weeks and no word yet. A few phone calls now to check status, each time I get the same response: "It should ship out by the end of the week" :ohgeez:

Hmmm :thinking:

I have a 24/7 that needed a new driver board (DOA out of the box). I called them yesterday and got the same response. However mine just got there on Monday.

<keeping fingers crossed>