• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired SOLD: HDS Ra Twisty- Titanium, #1002

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
On a request, Henry (of HDS) custom built a run of five titanium Ra Twisty lights. Serial number 1002. It is one of the grails of the flashlight world...

Henry built this light as a favor to a group of friends. We wanted to say 'thank you' to a special friend, so four of us paid Henry to build five custom titanium Ra twisty lights. We gave the fifth as a gift to this friend. Henry didn't even keep one for himself.

The light is as received- machining is not perfect (similar to McGizmo in that regard) and the threading needs to be fully broken in. Nothing bad, but just want to provide full disclosure. Buy some krytox 50/50 and work it for a few hours- it'll then be broken in properly.

Here is a link with more information and pictures. It is probably the most rugged light ever made. The battery case, the head, the bezel are all titanium. The parts are fully interchangeable with production alumunium Ra Twisty lights.

If you look in the picture below you can see some of the small machining imperfections- fully cosmetic, and as received. I believe these were the first (and possibly the last) full Ti lights that Henry has ever made.

The light is programmed from Henry to use red on low, white on medium and high. It is fully programmable so you can set the three levels to your specific preference. It is currently programmed as received from the factory. The light includes the original "custom" bill of sale, the original plastic baggie, and user guide.

dscn3784wv3.jpg

US$800. I accept Paypal, no fees to you. Shipped via USPS Priority Mail, insured for $500. Overseas is fine, at cost, and I am not responsible for the light once it leaves my hands.

I'm interested in a DDC or MSC custom SMF or XL. Perhaps a MARSCOC. Also consider a Mayo, Snody, Willumsen, etc. folder. I can toss in a Gen3 XM-18 3.5" for the right blade...

Thanks!

Last edited:

schiesz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: HDS Ra Twisty- Titanium, #1002

Wow, I didn't think i'd see one for sale. I didn't see it mentioned here, but this one has the red emitter for low doesn't it?

PoliceScannerMan

Flashaholic

As a lucky owner of one of these (Thanks Hodsta!), yes it has the red low. This is probably the most rugged, dependable lights ever made. Period.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

schiesz, Sorry- yes, it is an 85Tr set to standard programming.:twothumbs

chellyc

Enlightened

Immediately after posting "I'll take it" I PM'd you requesting a Paypal add'y and saw you return to online status but you didn't contact me. :confused: :confused: :confused: I hope all is well...

Chelly

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast

SOLD to Chelly! :twothumbs

Last edited: