maybe i'll fit in here.....

mustang90

Newly Enlightened
i have been a bit of a flashlight scavenger for awhile now. good to see i'm not alone!! i gathered up the lights i could find, and took a few pictures of them. most of them are from dorcy, streamlight, leatherman, cabelas, and others. i have yet to buy any higher end lights such as surefire, but i'm sure that will happen sooner or later. :candle:

one small problem, how do i attach a pic here?

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
welcome to CPF
to attach a pic, upload it at an image hosting site, i use photobucket,
upload the photo, then select the link under the uploaded image with the img tags around it its marked "img code" then copy and paste that into here
and it should work

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

Welcome to CPF. Yes, it is always great when one finds out there are many others with the same interest (obsession) in flashlights. All a little bit nuts on the topic.

To insert a picture(s) in your post, you need to upload your pictures to a hosting service such as Photo Bucket or Image Shack etc. Use the insert image button in the reply window and insert the URL of your picture.

Mark

Gunner12

Flashaholic

If you want to save your money, I'd suggest staying away from the Modding, Custom, and HID section;):D.

mustang90

Newly Enlightened
i'll give imageshack a try. i was hoping i could just upload to this site, but i see i cannot now.
:popcorn:

mustang90

Newly Enlightened
hope this works.

IMGP0566.jpg
IMGP0566.jpg

http://i465.photobucket.com/albums/rr19/mustang--90/IMGP0566.jpg

Last edited:

mustang90

Newly Enlightened
imageshack was not working but photobucket is. let me know if i am 'officially' qualified!! :lolsign:
IMGP0569.jpg

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Wow that's an amazing collection of lights!:welcome:

I own the 3 million candlepower twin beam Vector and 15 million candlepower Cyclops spotlights too, they are amazing lights!

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Mustang90 --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

Yep - you definitely have the "fever", my friend !

And, let's face it . . . .

you're not gonna' get ANY better by browsing CPF.

:whistle:
_

mustang90

Newly Enlightened
thanks!! the vector twin beam and the leatherman cree led are my favorites. i just recently started looking at higher end lights and the surefire backup really caught my eye. a little pricey, but a tough light. for $35, the leatherman light from costco has been by far the best buy. supposedly 130 lumens, but a nice piece with a nice beam. another new one that cabelas has out is a supposed 530+ lumen, triple cree led light that is re-chargable. price is $180 though. it's amazing how far 'affordable' flashlights have come in just the past 5 or so years.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You have a bigger collection then I do(that's not saying much though)!

One thing I have to say about the pictures though is that the rules state that pictures can be no bigger then 800 x 600.

I see you have at least one Luxeon LED light in there. How about a Seoul mod for double the output(pretty simple LED swap)?

Dealextreme another good place to look at lower priced lights, just make sure the one you are getting has good reviews(preferably here and on DX).

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
thanks!! the vector twin beam and the leatherman cree led are my favorites. i just recently started looking at higher end lights and the surefire backup really caught my eye. a little pricey, but a tough light. for $35, the leatherman light from costco has been by far the best buy. supposedly 130 lumens, but a nice piece with a nice beam. another new one that cabelas has out is a supposed 530+ lumen, triple cree led light that is re-chargable. price is $180 though. it's amazing how far 'affordable' flashlights have come in just the past 5 or so years.

The Twin Beam Vector is amazing with its extreme light output and throw isn't it? It really floods a large field nicely with light. I use mine quite a bit.

Can you give me a link to that triple CREE light on Cabela's? Is it the "Coleman 530 lumen CREE XR-E Rechargeable LED Spotlight"? I own the Coleman 530 lumen LED spotlight and it throws almost as far as the twin beam Vector! It has a perfect round white beam with very bright spill and blows away all of my other LED lights.:)

Last edited:

riceboy72

Newly Enlightened
:welcome: Not a bad start to what is known as the addiction! Welcome to the best place on the net to learn everything you ever wanted to know about every single light known to mankind, and a few that we wish were created.

Oh, and nice workbench! I'm gonna go out on a limb and take a wild guess as to what your favorite car is...