Wolf-Eyes Dilema....

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
I have a Wolf-Eyes 6AX Sniper that I bought off of CPFM for a decent price.

It is a P4 HO version.

At one sight I saw a 6AX with Q5 HO for like $85

A Q5 HO module is slightly more than I paid for the light!

The P4 is stomped by all the newer Q and R Leds!

I like the light a lot otherwise!

Where do I go from here???

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm well since you can't buy the P7 upgrades standalone yet, I couldn't tell you. I don't know if upgrading to a PTS special R2 module is really worth it for $60 (before discount).
I like the P7 Sniper and wish I could afford to buy its slightly bigger brother.
Maybe we'll see a nice MC-E setup in the future.

Lunal_Tic

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isn't the 6ax a P-60 compatible light? I picked up a DX R2 drop-in for something like $15. Alternativly maybe you could just swap to a better LED in the module you have. Some of the modules open up easily.

-LT

04orgZx6r

Enlightened
Isn't the 6ax a P-60 compatible light? I picked up a DX R2 drop-in for something like $15. Alternativly maybe you could just swap to a better LED in the module you have. Some of the modules open up easily.

-LT

Kinda, if the base is too big it won't fit in wolf eyes lights. I have quite a few drop-ins(no malkoffs) but I can tell you the wolf eyes I have now is bar none the best.

Where should you go from here? if you like it keep it, In the real world its not gonna be that noticeable of a difference, however you could sell it in the marketplace, cut your losses and get the new one if it bothers you, my two mini Abraham Ls

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Any old P60 will NOT fit in the 6AX. The pill in the WE is smaller diameter and different shape at the negative connection end.

In other words, proprietary...

Live with it HE%%! It brings back memories of the Luxeon lottery with the blue tint!

We'll see.....

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Got an email back from WE linking to the modules. To get a 4 mode in a Q5 would cost more than I paid for the light!

Probably won't ask for permission.

Probably put this light in my Dads MC and get one of my Cree modules back.