Fenix TK11 Review (big pictures)

skneo

Newly Enlightened
Hello i just got my Fenix TK11 today i already own an Fenix L1D Q5.
This is my first review here don't expect to much, but i made some nice pictures which are always nice to see i guess. also beam shots :)

The Thing !

skqtk11qdj2wwwwwwwwwwwwab5.jpg

High res for the Fan's ;) --->http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4354/skqtk11qdj2.jpg

The Reflector
tk11frontaf3.jpg

Both the lights Together
tk11l1dcomparect0.jpg

The TK11 18650 battery VS L1D AA battery
tk11battgm3.jpg

Beam shots (Canon EOS 350D all shots with both lights exactly the same settings) both lights always on turbo mode ! no reference shots srry but its pretty dark in my garden no lights on it from anywhere

TK11 nearby
tk112beamxn7.jpg

L1D nearby
l1d2beamms2.jpg

TK11 Little further
tk11beamnb1.jpg

L1D Little further

l1dskkkgy0.jpg

Conclusion:
I love The Tk11 its a great light and you can clearly see when u get too a little more distance its immediately a lot better then the L1D because of the better beam.

Even on the normal setting on the TK11 beats the L1D when you get at a distance of just a meter or 5.
I know this might not be the best comparison between these lights, but I bought the L1D just too look inside computers and stuff and I loved the great power output for such a little light that works on AA battery's.

But I wanted more and I got a TK11 with 18650 battery and charger. And I love it, it lives up to its expectations for sure. Its a lot more usable in the outside world.
I'm very happy with the TK11 !

Greetings,
Sebastian
From the Netherlands

ps: i hope you flashaholics don't be to harsh on me ;)

Last edited:

tomwoh

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review, I have a TK11 and have been impressed with it's throw. I can light up my horses well enough to make out thier color and identify them 150 to 200 yards out in my pasture.

Stress_Test

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the post and photos.

I've been thinking about getting a TK11 and some AW 18650s as a little Christmas gift to myself at the end of this year.

Like you I have an L1D, but for outdoors I need something with more punch (output).

Burgess

Flashaholic
to skneo --

Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

Thank you for your Review of Fenix TK-11.

Hope you enjoy both of yer' Fenix flashlights.

:twothumbs
_

skneo

Newly Enlightened
Thnx for all the nice reactions !
and i really enjoy both of my fenix light's don't worry ;)
I have added a picture to the review that shows the battery's AA compared to 18650 to show the difference that was something that i really found missing. If there are anymore request for pictures or something just ask :D