"My light's brighter than yours"

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
I was working a special event today when an old co-worker showed up. We get to talking and for some reason he pulls out a Dorcy 3 watt flashlight and try to tell me that it's brighter than my light. This happened durning the day and I was only carrying my SF 6PL w/M60 installed:ironic:. I advised him that my set-up has 225 lumens to which he says his is not fully charged:thinking:. I then told him to meet up with me on one of my night shifts and we can see who's light is brighter. I can't wait:rolleyes:

IcantC

Enlightened
I was working a special event today when an old co-worker showed up. We get to talking and for some reason he pulls out a Dorcy 3 watt flashlight and try to tell me that it's brighter than my light. This happened durning the day and I was only carrying my SF 6PL w/M60 installed:ironic:. I advised him that my set-up has 225 lumens to which he says his is not fully charged:thinking:. I then told him to meet up with me on one of my night shifts and we can see who's light is brighter. I can't wait:rolleyes:

LOL take your POB just in case he decides to show up with something bigger :twothumbs

foxtrot29

Enlightened

hahaha, you will destroy him.

Patriot

Flashaholic
That ought to be hilarious. Obviously the guy doesn't know what your hobby is. ;)

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
You should bring a POB and just embarass him. I did that to some people with my P7 light, they thought their 100 led showerhead was the bees knees, until they saw that I could light up an entire tree at more than a block away.

sims2k

Enlightened
Oh yeah...went camping with friends and family last month with several of my lights. First night was very dark with about 300 tents around us and many, many incan maglites all over the camping area. I used my P7 that night and totally out-shined everyones' light that night. I was having fun walking around the campground with the P7 and C2 with an R2 pill. I was asked many times what light I was carrying and when told how much it cost for the P7 and my SF L2 and C2...I was told I must be crazy paying that much for those lights. I guess to each their own...

1996alnl

Enlightened
A Dorcy 3W? LOL:laughing:. I think you could emberass him with your E1B...Ha Ha. Let us know how it turns out,but be gentle with him maybe he'll become a fellow CPF'er.

Take care.

1996alnl

Enlightened
Oh yeah...went camping with friends and family last month with several of my lights. First night was very dark with about 300 tents around us and many, many incan maglites all over the camping area. I used my P7 that night and totally out-shined everyones' light that night. I was having fun walking around the campground with the P7 and C2 with an R2 pill. I was asked many times what light I was carrying and when told how much it cost for the P7 and my SF L2 and C2...I was told I must be crazy paying that much for those lights. I guess to each their own...

I always find it humerous when people say i must be crazy to pay that much for so and so light.This is after the ooohhss and aaahhhss when they see a high powered light illuminating an object 500ft away.You know what i tell ask them? "Is a BMW worth more than a Pontiac? Is a Bose home theatre system worth more than a JVC?" The answer is usually "Yes but you can't compare them." and i say "Exactly why would you compare this light to a $9.99 POS plastic flashlight you would find at your local hardware store?" Silence...

Take care

Rayne

Newly Enlightened
I always find it humerous when people say i must be crazy to pay that much for so and so light.This is after the ooohhss and aaahhhss when they see a high powered light illuminating an object 500ft away.You know what i tell ask them? "Is a BMW worth more than a Pontiac? Is a Bose home theatre system worth more than a JVC?" The answer is usually "Yes but you can't compare them." and i say "Exactly why would you compare this light to a $9.99 POS plastic flashlight you would find at your local hardware store?" Silence...

Take care

That's a good reply, I'll have to use it if this situation ever arises. :)

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Take care

+1 for this line of questioning man! Am going to remember this and trot it out when required.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah you can use the Bose Fujikawa comparison, it's got Sony guts (Zohan quote)

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
First night was very dark with about 300 tents around us and many, many incan maglites all over the camping area.

I would love to be in that situation - I would find someone with a 4D Maglite Incan so I could say "ooh, we have the same torch, how bright is yours?". The poor sap would probably not even know who Malkoff is!

*click* me: "Oh - are your batteries charged" *click* him: "My eyes! The goggles do nothing!" :grin2:

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey! I'll loan you a mag solitaire so you can give him some real competition :laughing:

But lets be honest if that is his first flashlight then to him it would be the brightest thing out there,boy is he in for a rude awakening :) take it easy on the guy ;)

1996alnl

Enlightened
The answer to that, is, unfortunately, "NO."

The better question would be:

"Is a B&W speaker worth more than a Sony Speaker?"

Ok,i'm not an expert in (stereo equipment) this field.Seeing that Bose is OE on alot of high end cars must be a testament to their quality.
Last year a friend of mine was in the market for a new stereo.His buget was $1000.00,he bought the Bose Wave stereo.This thing is so small it'll fit on a bookshelf,he paid over $800 for it.I thought he got ripped off...until he hit the power button.
It sounded better than my huge JVC home stereo,again i'm not an expert in this field and maybe it was a bad example to think that Bose equipment is worth more than JVC,but i would gladly pay (if i had the money) $2000.00+ for a Bose home theatre system.
I think i'm getting a little off track here on this thread:oops:

Take care

Neubauej

Newly Enlightened
Ok,i'm not an expert in (stereo equipment) this field.Seeing that Bose is OE on alot of high end cars must be a testament to their quality.
Last year a friend of mine was in the market for a new stereo.His buget was $1000.00,he bought the Bose Wave stereo.This thing is so small it'll fit on a bookshelf,he paid over $800 for it.I thought he got ripped off...until he hit the power button.
It sounded better than my huge JVC home stereo,again i'm not an expert in this field and maybe it was a bad example to think that Bose equipment is worth more than JVC,but i would gladly pay (if i had the money) $2000.00+ for a Bose home theatre system.
I think i'm getting a little off track here on this thread:oops:

Take care

While very off topic, suffice it to say the Bose is to High end audio as a stock mag is to Mac's torch.

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
I'm not sure if he'll show up or not but if he does I'll be ready. I usually carry with me on duty the 6PL w/M60, my back up and now in my trunk the POB.