What wepons light for an M4 carbine?

Z06Pilot

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for a weapons light for my M4 caribine with a quad rail. I am not interested in the $600 surefire vertical foregrip light. Any help would be appreciated

gunfighter

Newly Enlightened
I think any of the new breed of LED throwers would be a good choice. I run LumaPower's MRV in Surefire's M79 clamp.

Picture020.jpg

Picture012-2.jpg

Picture021.jpg

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I have that mount, it's a really good one. Nice to be able to use a wide variety of lights based on the needs of the moment.

I also use that same grip, I have tried a few and it is the best fit for my hand, I love it!

:twothumbs

Mercaptan

Enlightened
I think a single-stage E2DL head would be perfect, run with a scout-light tail with pressure switch run to the vertical fore-grip. Slap that on with a VLTOR mount. Could also just use the clickie, your mileage may vary.

That being said, I'm in the middle of building my own midlength AR-15 and it will feature an M951XM07.

Use creative searches and you can find these on the cheap, ca. 250 dollars.

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
What else do you have slapped on your weapon? Where do you want the light mount - top left/right, left/right, bottom left/right or bottom?

Do you have a budget in mind? Output? Run time? Multi or single stage? Do you want a twisty, clickie, or weapon switch? Dedicated weapon-mounted light like the SF Scout or an adapter mount for a flashlight?

-Trevor

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very nice - Magpul poly mag, looks like a Magpul stock and a lower receiver from a glance - I don't recognize the upper.

All in all, very nice.

-Trevor

cabbynate

Newly Enlightened
I'm running a Pentagon MD2 LED Laser Light on my M4. I am using a TC2 push on/off tail cap as the tape switch cable gets in my way. Great light and you can find good deals on them on ebay.;)

lights.jpg

SunStar

Enlightened
I am looking for a weapons light for my M4 caribine with a quad rail. I am not interested in the $600 surefire vertical foregrip light. Any help would be appreciated

I run a SF M3 / MN15 / (2) 17500's / SW02 mounted on a DD offset ring at 3:00. It's rugged, simple, no tape switches or wires to fail and the MN15 on Li ions is overdriven a bit for a beautiful white beam for near an hour run time. I also carry 3 primaries in the vertical foregrip and have the option of using rechargeables or primaries at my discretion.

I don't like more light for in-door applications. However the option of using the MN16 or applying a turbo head for outdoors is nice too.

depusm12

Flashlight Enthusiast
arent full auto's illegal here in the US?

Just curious what made you ask that question? Nobody said anything about full auto fire. Unless it was the M4 designation. M4 is a generic term for the semiautomatic copy of the military's full auto M4 carbine. The semiauto copy's usually have the a legal 16 in barrel and the collapsible stock of some sort.

Last edited:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Photo 2 in post 6.

Safe/Semi/Burst/Auto :D And quite nice.
All it takes the right paperwork/tax stamp and you are fully legal.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Very nice - Magpul poly mag, looks like a Magpul stock and a lower receiver from a glance - I don't recognize the upper.

All in all, very nice.

-Trevor
Thanks!

The only Magpul products on there are the PMAGS, MIAD and the UBR Stock (but not pictured in the following shot below). The rifle itself is the < Noveske N4 Light Recce Low-Profile 16" > (was n4lr = now r-lrlp-556). Though the upper has the Noveske Iron X, I believe it may have been forged/made by the Cardinal Forge Company as can be seen by the Cardinal's head proof mark below.

IMG_0182.jpg

Sgt. LED said:
Photo 2 in post 6.

Safe/Semi/Burst/Auto And quite nice.
All it takes the right paperwork/tax stamp and you are fully legal.
Man do I wish it was a "select fire" version! Unfortunately in this Evergreen State SBRs, SBSs, and Automatic fire weapons are illegal for civilians, but suppressors/silencers are legal for law abiding civilian ownership. :confused:

I should say that the 12:00 light mount position for me, doesn't cast barrel shadows to the left, right, or top from my POV as it possibly would had I mounted the SF.X300 in the 3/6/9 o'clock configuration. Of course, Your Methods May Vary accordingly so. :)

Enjoy!

Last edited:

coyote223

Newly Enlightened
Thanks!

The only Magpul products on there are the PMAGS, MIAD and the UBR Stock (but not pictured in the following shot below). The rifle itself is the < Noveske N4 Light Recce Low-Profile 16" > (was n4lr = now r-lrlp-556). Though the upper has the Noveske Iron X, I believe it may have been forged/made by the Cardinal Forge Company as can be seen by the Cardinal's head proof mark below.

IMG_0182.jpg

Man do I wish it was a "select fire" version! Unfortunately in this Evergreen State SBRs, SBSs, and Automatic fire weapons are illegal for civilians, but suppressors/silencers are legal for law abiding civilian ownership. :confused:

I should say that the 12:00 light mount position for me, doesn't cast barrel shadows to the left, right, or top from my POV as it possibly would had I mounted the SF.X300 in the 3/6/9 o'clock configuration. Of course, Your Methods May Vary accordingly so. :)

Enjoy!
Unfortunately Washington allows you to own Suppressors, they just don't allow you to use them. If you want to use them, you have to drive to Oregon. :thinking: Makes no sense.

The M900 is a nice tough light, but a little on the heavy side. The Surefire Scouts are nice too, and light, but don't throw as far as the M900.

CLHC

Flashaholic
Unfortunately Washington allows you to own Suppressors, they just don't allow you to use them. If you want to use them, you have to drive to Oregon. :thinking: Makes no sense.
That is true, hence the word I used was simply "ownership." But I'm kind of skeptical driving across state lines with NFA product(s). :crazy: :thinking:

Paladin

Enlightened
@12:00. . .No shadows cast when illumination is warranted.

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Sure, and shadowing their HANDS is a non-issue, especially in a civilian self defense context. Horse pucky. You've been sipping too much highspeedlowdrag koolaid.

Paladin

Bogie

Enlightened
That is true, hence the word I used was simply "ownership." But I'm kind of skeptical driving across state lines with NFA product(s). :crazy: :thinking:

You need to fill out Form 5320.20 "Application to Transport Interstate or Temporarily Export Certain NFA Firearms"

You need to have the approved copy with you, along with your tax stamp (or copy) if you are going to be out the state the address on the Form 1/Form 4.