• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired maglite 2xD - AA adapter available?

waddup

Flashlight Enthusiast
is there an adapter (8xAA or 6 x AA) that will allow my malkoff 2/3xD dropin to run brighter than the output im getting on 2 x D cells?

or a rechargeable battery pack?

link?

or pm me if you have 1 for sale :)

donn_

Flashaholic
The maximum voltage your Malkoff can handle is 5.5 volts. Using 2 D-cells, you're getting 2.4-3 volts, which puts 600 mA to the emitter. If you use a single Li-Ion cell, you'll get ~4 volts, and ~900mA so it will be brighter.

Either of the AA adaptors you describe will exceed the maximum, unless you use lots of dummy cells. 3x alkaline or 4x NiMH cells is the maximum.

Last edited:

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can use three C cells in a 2D Mag. Use a short length of PVC pipe or just wrap paper, rubber hose or whatever you like (preferably non-conductive) around the C cells to keep them from rattling. You'll also need to modify the D Mag spring so that it fits all the way to the bottom of the tail cap, or just use a C Mag spring or similar, smaller spring. You might need to scrape some anodizing off the inside bottom of tail cap as well.

alphazeta

Enlightened
A simple, non-elegant way would be to use a 3AA to 1D series adapter along with a 1AA to 1D adapter. That way you could get 4AA nimhs in the 2D. That's what I sometimes do for testing.
Hope that helps,
AZ