Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Milky L2 Special Reserve
CreeMCE KWF "Smoothie" Dual Lens (Convex, UCL) InternalFilm
High Beam Estimated 400 Lumens for 1 hour
Custom-Shortened head
Works with two 123 cells
PA305207.jpg

Here is a quick review of my new Milkyspit light.
OMG!
How is that for a quick review?
Retains a nice floody beam that is killer BRIGHT with no doughnut.
Pics and more info to follow. I'll be using tonight at work.
All things being equal, it should be producing 60 lumens on low for… 18 hours!

Here is the beam on high from approximately 10 feet.
PA305209.jpg

To compare, here is the beam of the Milky Room Sweeper 650+ lumens
PA305208.jpg

As you can see, not quite the same amount of spill, however the Room Sweeper was made for spill. This at least lets you see just how much light is leaving this L2.
Here is a close up of the lens
PA305204.jpg

This light is wonderful in that you have a ton of light on low for an extended amount of time, but if you need 400 some lumens, just press a bit further.
Again:bow::bow::bow: to Scott!

And now,
The...

Milky Red Eye
SSCP4 S2-4000K-93CRI E2E cut MM+
Custom eCan with Deep Heatsink
4 Volts Max
PA305206.jpg

PA305205.jpg

You can't tell that this is not an ican with the color rendering LED that is in it. It is in a black E1E host, and I believe is kicking out around 100 lumens of incan light from an LED. Absolutely incredible. Pics and more extensive review to follow.

Here is a photo to show the color this gives off. Just like an incan but 100 lumens for, I think, about an hour on one 123.
PA305210.jpg

For those of you who prefer the color of incans, but don't like the bulb burn-out factor, or the drop broken bulb factor, or the my batteries are dead again factor, this would be the light for you.

Sorry the pics leave a bit to be desired, but I just don't do well without blue funtac:nana:

Last edited:

Shawn L

Newly Enlightened
Milky L2 Special Reserve looks great 400 lumens for a hour. WOW To bad I don't have a L2.

shomie911

Enlightened
I call first dibs if you ever decide to sell your Milky Red Eye!

That it just too cool. :twothumbs

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The L2 will light up a 50x30 foot tree at 50 yards without a problem. It is almost as effective in a home as the Room Sweeper.
I have to try and get some outside pics of this.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
O.T. but what is the white strip around the bezel exactly, is it a removeable sticker or something that's supposed to stay there permanently?

Hopefully L.E.D.'s with that incan-tint become more common soon. Those are incredible lights, thanks for sharing.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Yeah, 60 lumens doesn't seem all that low.... until you realize that high is 400 !

That L2 is the perfect thing for everyone fed up with having to wait for a UB2.

If you don't mind, could you tell us how much it was?

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
The white sticker around the bezel is "Milkytape". Scott puts these on the light so you know exactly what it is and what kind of batteries should go in it. You can take it off it you don't like it.

The L2 was something he made not for anyone in particular, but he knows the kind of lights I like for work, and mentioned it on the phone, so I took it. I think you would looking at $265 or so for a setup like that (Jump in Scott if I'm wrong here).

The funny was, I was looking for an L2 just because I had one, liked it, but sold it as it wasn't bright enough. I think Scott can read minds.

I should have a new partner starting next week, so am hoping to get some outside beamshots of these Milky lights.

Hogokansatsukan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe it is the stock circuitry, and only the emitter and optics have changed. I don't have a sphere to put the light in, so I can't say that it is exactly 60 lumens. Tried to compare to a NT set on 60, and because of the greater spill of the L2, it is a tuff comparison.
I figured that if the circiutry is stock, and stock is:
100 lumens 60 minutes
15 lumens 18 hours

and this has
400 lumens 60 minutes,
then it should be about 60 lumens for 18 hours as the amps to the LED should not have changed.

Will have to burn some batteries to find out.

dimlight

Newly Enlightened
i have a l2 i would like to mod. does milky have a web site or e-mail you could share.

LightKnife

Newly Enlightened
Man that last one is pretty cool. I really like the color rendition.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
The L2 was something he made not for anyone in particular, but he knows the kind of lights I like for work, and mentioned it on the phone, so I took it. I think you would looking at $265 or so for a setup like that (Jump in Scott if I'm wrong here).

Sweet! I'm guessing that's $265 + the cost of a stock L2?

I could have 400 lumens, in a Surefire that's smaller overall than a UB2, possibly close to what a UB2 would retail for, and bezel-up carry (which I prefer).....

My wallet just started screaming in terror. Time for a 2nd job. :twothumbs

coyote223

Newly Enlightened
Very nice, but every time you post these reviews you cost me money. My L2 is 200 lumens, I had no idea he could get it up to 400. :eek:

Now I need to buy another. :ohgeez: