Yes or No: Strike Bezels

Which best reflects your opinion?

• Total voters

VillageIdiot

Newly Enlightened
Let's see the gathered opinion on crenellated/assault/strike bezels.

They're useful because you can have usable light bezel-down on a flat surface, that's why I like them.

Some people dislike them because they think they look tacky or useless.

What does CPF think?

Last edited:

bubba az

Newly Enlightened
I like them, but they can rip up a pocket

If a light I like has one, I am happier than if it doesn't, but I've never added an aftermarket one, or chose one light over another for that feature

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Olight M20 has one, or not - it's pretty easy to unscrew if I don't want it.

I don't mind one or 2 lights with a strike bezel, but definitely don't want it on every light I own!

Zen|th

Newly Enlightened
I like the looks of a flashlight with strike bezels but then its very troublesome when i put it in my pocket.. The sharp edge of the bezel ripped my pocket..:mecry:

cerbie

Enlightened
I don't want a strike bezel, but I don't want a smooth bezel, either. I've found many a dead light from absentmindedly setting it window-down while on.

sappyg

Enlightened
personally i have no use for a strike bezel. actually, an agressive strike bezel would turn me against a light. to each his own

brucec

Enlightened
Smoothly crenellated, yes. Strike, no. Actually, I'm curious if ANYONE has ever used a strike bezel to deter an aggressor? Just wondering...

Solis107

Newly Enlightened
its a MUST for my EDC. If you know how to use it, a strike bezel on a torch is the most effectice weapon in CQB IMO. Ive taken subjects down who were carrying knives, bats. sticks, and yes even a kitchen sink. okay it wasnt the whole sink but a pipe from under the sink.

anyway Strike Bezel FTMFW!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I don't like the batching together of strike bezels and crennelated bezels.
I feel they are different animals all together.
I love a little dull crennelation so I can see the light is on if placed bezel down but I hate the long sharp stabby attack bezels. They look too goofy and tear up stuff not to mention they loose their anno way way too fast.

Not a poll choice up there for my true opinion.

Art Vandelay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love a little dull crennelation so I can see the light is on if placed bezel down but I hate the long sharp stabby attack bezels. They look too goofy and tear up stuff not to mention they loose their anno way way too fast.

True. I like a crenelated bezel, but if it's advertised or marked "strike bezel" then I don't want it.

I don't like the way that sounds. Maybe next they will start advertising them as whooping sticks.

RGB_LED

Enlightened
I have a SF 6PD light and SF calls it a "crenellated Strike Bezel", I also have a few other lights with just crenellated bezels...

I personally like the look of a crenellated bezel but I don't like the really agressive sharp teeth on some strike bezels. Really depends.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
I mostly agree with Art and Sgt, but I like having the option to attach a strike bezel if I so choose mostly for the purposes of breaking glass in a car. I have thought of carrying a SB at times in the city but I am hesitant for my respect of what that tool is capable of doing coupled with my lack of training in the use of such tools. Personally I still have my incisors should I need to discourage an assailant. Happy Halloween

Last edited:

JNewell

Flashlight Enthusiast
Agree, and also will opine that the "strike" part doesn't IMO add anything significant to the ability to use the light as a defensive impact tool.

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted for dislike of strike bezels...and probably would never buy any. However, I do not have a problem with the bezel being offered to those who are so inclined.

Till

Newly Enlightened
Love strike bezels.

Aesthetically, they're great. Many a person has commented on how "mean" my lights look with the strike bezel.

Plus it gives me a pain compliance and defense tool. I have used my E2D for pain compliance with someone before, but never had to lash out with it.