How does BB400 throw compare to Mag 2C or 2D??

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
I've been tempted to purchase the BB400, but never had a valid reason. However, if the throw of that mod is as good as a 2C Mag I will take the plunge. Thanks for anyone able to compare and relay the info. Also, what is the realistic battery life using alks with the BB400?

James

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
A 2C/D Mag's going to outthrow the BB400 simply because it's reflectorized beam's much narrower. Where the BB400 kicks the Mag (besides it being LED) is the usefulness of the beam...

Ever tried flooding with a maglight? Rings galore. And at no more than 20-30 feet, the mag pales in comparison when you factor in runtime and bulb durability. Where you have to keep the mag at a sharp focus and move the light around to illuminate an area, the BB400 will easily do that without having to move the light much.

Now before you go and say: well, since a 2C/D mag beats the BB400 in throw, that's all she wrote, let me say that if you put that same LED into a 2C or 2D sized mag head and compared the throw of both, you'd be heartily surprised...

Count the fact that the BB400 in a minimag's much more pocketable than a 2C or 2D, and that the runtime of a BB400 is right around 3 bright hours (with more in tapering moon), even with an apples to oranges comparison, the BB400 will still come out on top overall.