Flashlight Recommendations

fireant

Newly Enlightened
I am need of two good flashlights. Primarily will be used for Security at least for a little while longer as fixing to get up that part-time job. I want something that will last and not eat batteries. I really like the Fenix lights unless someone has another brand that is comparable. Would like not to spend over $140 for both lights combined. May consider spending more depending on what everyone recommends. Would like at least one light to have the Strobe feature.

Any insights would be appreciated.

fireant

turbo chicken

Newly Enlightened
okay i'm pretty new here myself... but somewhere haven't found it yet there is somewhat of a form you can use that you can fill out... and it gives the guys here the information needed to make a decent recommendation.

i know where the form is on EDCF but not here... i'll just post that link http://edcforums.com/index.php?topic=4030.0

There's no cool shorten the link option over here? hmmm....

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Primary: either Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST or Jetbeam Pro Military, both use 18650 cells.

Jet III Pro ST:

-runtime on max using Trustfire 2500 mAh protected 1850 cell: 1hr 48 minutes (+/- 3 minutes as i wasnt watching the clock all that closely)

- 3 programable modes using the IBS so you can set the light levels to whatever you want from low to max and even the frequency of the strobe

- operates using a forward clicky, 1/2 press to have momentary light and to switch modes, full press for constant on in the selected mode

- good build quality, feels great in your hand

- understand that it can be fitted with a strike bezel (if that is a concern)

Jet III Pro Military

- as above except that it only has 2 modes, default is max, 2nd mode is user programable using the IBS.

Many reviews available here on this site and here

And the Jetbeams are available at this site

hope this helps.

p.s. i didnt suggest a secondary cos i would probably just suggest getting either spare cells or something as the Jetbeam (esp the Jet III Pro ST suits all my needs, can have a really low low mode to a disorienting strobe) at most i would suggest a AAA keychain light like the L0D or something similar)