Which is better Dereelight C2H or Eagletac T10C or P10C?

machoamigo

Newly Enlightened
I have the Eagletac P10C and T10C and like the brigtness of both theses lights but was wondering if the Dereelight C2H has a brighter beam and better throw than these two flashlights that I already have.

I want to get the C2H but have no idea whether this flaslight is better than the Eagletacs.

Anyone here have both to compare, please help.

Lookin4U

Newly Enlightened
The Dereelight is designed to be a small, high-performance EDC light competing with, say, the Fenix P2D/P3D class lights. As such, it is smaller than the EagleTacs at the expense of heatsinking. It will give close to the EagleTacs P10C high out-put for a very short "burst", but is not designed to be left at this level for any significant amount of time.
The EagleTacs are larger and more of a "small-tactical" than an EDC, but can sustain their high out-put until the batteries run down. The Dereelight is great for a smaller pocket light, but if you use the high setting alot (most people don't, as LEO I do), stay with the EagleTacs. If you want smaller with good light levels and a "temporary-EagleTac" burst level, then the Dereelight is worth considering.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the C2H and it puts out around 4000 Lux with the R2. A review I read put the Eagletac T10C and P10C both around 5100 Lux. So the Dereelight is not going to be brighter but it's got 4 levels and is smaller. I was looking at both these also but decided I couldn't really do much with a 2 level light so went for the C2H.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
My C2H Q5 produces 4,700LUX on my lux meter. I did test a T10C and P10C but like a fool I didn't write down the results. I think the T10C was in the 5,000-6,000 range. The P10C probably was in the 4,000 range. These both have textured reflectors which will reduce their throw potential, where the C2H comes with a smooth reflector which helps it throw more at it's smaller size.

snakyjake

Enlightened
I just ordered the P10. I chose the P10 because I liked the UI/controls. My only concern is the low might not be low enough, and the high might be too high. But I use rechargeables, so I'm betting the high will be okay and the low won't be too disturbing.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
My C2H Q5 produces 4,700LUX on my lux meter. I did test a T10C and P10C but like a fool I didn't write down the results. I think the T10C was in the 5,000-6,000 range. The P10C probably was in the 4,000 range. These both have textured reflectors which will reduce their throw potential, where the C2H comes with a smooth reflector which helps it throw more at it's smaller size.

That's great for a Q5 - I'll have to try mine again as I was doing a very quick and dirty test by guesstimating 1 meter. Or maybe you got an extra good Vf. I got my Eagletac numbers from light-reviews.com. I don't remember at the moment if I had the SMO or OP reflector in the C2H when I did the measurement but probably the one it came with from FlashCrazy. I've swapped back and forth a couple times now and still am not sure which one I'll settle in for. This is another good reason for getting a C2H is you get two reflector types with it.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's great for a Q5 - I'll have to try mine again as I was doing a very quick and dirty test by guesstimating 1 meter. Or maybe you got an extra good Vf. I got my Eagletac numbers from light-reviews.com. I don't remember at the moment if I had the SMO or OP reflector in the C2H when I did the measurement but probably the one it came with from FlashCrazy. I've swapped back and forth a couple times now and still am not sure which one I'll settle in for. This is another good reason for getting a C2H is you get two reflector types with it.

LUX meters vary from meter to meter. You can't compare readings from one meter to another. I know light-review's readings usually run higher than what I get with my lux meter. I have another lux meter, from DX, that reads WAY low. Say I get 6,000LUX on my main lux meter, the DX meter might give me 4,000LUX.

So while I get 4,700LUX, you might read 4,000LUX, light-reviews might read 5,000LUX, etc.