10280 or 2/3AAA lights

MattSPL

Enlightened
Is anybody using any 10280 or 2/3AAA lights?
I'm interested in seeing what people are using and what's available for this battery size.

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not familiar with either of those 2 designations so I can't speak to the question personally, but after looking through this list, I'm not seeing either. That's probably not a positive sign.

MattSPL

Enlightened
I'm not familiar with either of those 2 designations so I can't speak to the question personally, but after looking through this list, I'm not seeing either. That's probably not a positive sign.

They seem to be a rarely used battery, only occasionally being used for custom keychain lights and some solar garden lights use the Ni-mh variant.

jabe1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak led solutions used to offer 10280 bodies for the Matterhorn/Eiger line. I'm not sure they're still available, but you could call or email them and ask Robyn.

kaichu dento

Flashaholic
I've still got a couple of Modamag's Draco models, one of which I bought new. It may end up back in usage someday if I decide to neck carry it again, and it's one of the nicest sizes of light for a permanent carry light.

Dave_H

Flashlight Enthusiast
They seem to be a rarely used battery, only occasionally being used for custom keychain lights and some solar garden lights use the Ni-mh variant.
I can confirm use of 2/3 AAA NiMH in small solar lights, seems to be to save length on some of the smaller ones to make it fit; have seen up to 200mAh. I have not run across any small lights which take this cell yet, would be fun to find one which is smaller than the smallest AAA lights.

OTOH, 200mAh is not much capacity (and runtime) compared to up to 1000mAh for AAA NiMH.

Dave