Show your Milky-Mods

brighterisbetter

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know there's already a Milky's EYE-CANDY thread over on B/S/T, but once those threads reach a certain # of posts, they're closed and a new thread is created. In this way, some of the earlier builds are lost to the pages of history, never to be bumped again.

This is a place to showcase your entire Milky collection, whether big or small. Feel free to list specifics. So whatcha got? :popcorn:

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
all reposts, but :nana:

Milky AMP7

Milky info: "The AMP7 is built in a McGizmo Aleph Mule EN clicky host via a standard-sized Aleph Light Engine (LE). Emitter is a SSCP7 CSWOI and driver is MadMax+ for use with a single primary or rechargeable cell. On RCR123, estimated overall output is 300 lumens... primary will yield a bit less but still be well into the 200s... primary will run for about 1 hour and rechargeable perhaps 40 minutes... and when the light dims, it will occur gradually rather than suddenly turning off. Qualitatively, this build is noticeably brighter than its equivalent using a single-chip emitter."

(sold this long ago :eek:)

Milky Hoople

Tale of the Milky Tape:
Hoople
SSCP4 USVOH L2head UCL
AcornHC 138 'C-Corndogg' Firmware
Max 46Lm 10h / Med 14Lm 34h / ULow
Optimized for 1x123 Primary Cell

Other info:
- L2 head on a Vital Gear body
- Optimized for a primary 123, long runtimes, beefed up heatsink, Miser Mode. Tacticool mode - max, ultra low, then medium (~30% max).
- OVER 341 hours continuous runtime on ULow (not even Miser yet!) on a single CR123A primary.

hhmilkyhoople03tb0.jpg

one of the sexiest things you can see on a Milky :naughty:

Milky Candle (MC2), Special Batch With Nichia GS

Tale of the Milky Tape:
Milky Candle Rev2
Nichia NSPW500GS-K1 White 5mm LED
LSDiodes Amber 5mm LED

Milky info: "Folks have been asking about my Milky Candles (a.k.a. MC2) for a while, whether I had any more, when I would build some more, etc. I've finally got enough parts on hand to help on that front, and right now have six units... yes, ONLY SIX... that incorporate hand-chosen Nichia GS white LEDs of Rank W (brightest available) and tint C0 (neutral to slightly warm, virtually none of the usual blue/purple in the beam)... testing by fellow CPFer JTR1962 shows these LEDs to be by far the brightest, most efficient 5mm LEDs yet seen.

In addition to the above, I've taken individual measurements of the operating parameters for each LED in these six units and am loading customized firmware on them, specifically tweaked to drive the LEDs to their full capabilities: this means longer runtimes at each level before the units failover to amber, and MIGHT also mean these will be the first Milky Candles capable of running the white LED in regulation on a single PRIMARY 123 cell.

Folks, I've been slowly gathering the necessary bits to build a handful more Milky Candles, and as of this moment I've got exactly SIX built, available to all, first to grab them, gets them! These six are particularly special in that I've mounted some handpicked Nichia GS LEDs (rank W, color bin C0)... these are easily the brightest and most efficient 5mm LEDs released to date. Another special aspect of this half-dozen units: I individually tested the voltage requirements of each LED in each unit and am recalibrating the firmware specifically to this batch's operational characteristics... what that means in real-world terms is longer runtimes before the units drop out of regulation and POSSIBLY (no guarantees, but hopeful) these might be the first and to date, only MC2 ever made capable of operating the white LED on a SINGLE 123 primary cell... all previous units would only operate in white when running with TWO 123 cells. Many LEDs lost their lives to give us this feature... well no, not really, but I did reject a fair number of LEDs that didn't make the grade for this little build... only the best made the cut... and since I don't have any more Nichia GS for these units at present, the 6 on hand are the ONLY ones for now with Nichia GS."

Milky P7 Optimator, on SureFire Z2 in black

Tale of the Milky Tape:
Optimator
KL3gen1 SSCP7 CSWOI Mc R27 cut MG AcornDx 1.5 ('Amity' Fw)
424 Lumens Max ... Runs on 1x Li-Ion or 2x 123 Primaries

Donn (seller) info: "This one is a primo KL3-BK in 99% condition. It's been Milkified with a Seoul Semiconductor P7 CSWOI , an McR27 reflector, trimmed to fit the immense emitter and the KL3, and driven at 4 levels of output by the Acorn driver, 'Amity' version, with ultra-low, low, medium and high (424 lumens). Takes 1x Li-Ion or 2x primaries. The beam from this head is awesome! A broad and well-defined hotspot, surrounded by ample sidespill. The 4-level output of the Acorn driver is extremely useful. As shown, mounted on a mint Z2 Combatlight body with tail-standing Leef clicky"

:thumbsup:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Heres one of my Milky creations

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

Tale of the tape ..

"Oilslick" Aleph Mule EN-BK SSCP4 USWOH
VIP500 Floodmaster MG
140 lumens for 2 hours
Recommended 1 x 123 Only

curlyfry562

Enlightened
Just got my first Milky Mod in the mail today, I can't wait until it gets dark :D

It is a Project M-813-M3, here is the info from Geminidan, who I bought it from:

The head is a Milkyspit Project-M eXtreme X813-M3. It delivers at least 813 lumens overall output. The head was ruggedized for law enforcement use. It'll run on any power source up to 9 volts...

The emitters in that head are CreeXRE R2WC for an intense, "instableach" white. Custom RPM Clickie with no-trits!!

The body has 28x Viton #16 o-rings on it for grip... Viton is a higher-grade o-ring material that should wear better and last longer, without drying out as easily as normal o-rings would.

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03135.jpg

DSC03139.jpg

Just sent Scott my E2E to get modded into a "Room sweeper" when it arrives I will post

cougar_67

Newly Enlightened
wonderful lights - and a great thread!
On friday I got word that my first custom light - a Milky creation - was complete and on it's way to me. I've been waiting all weekend, knowing that it's getting closer and closer to my door. With luck, I'll be lighting up my neighborhood tomorrow night!

Steve

shomie911

Enlightened
Heres one of my Milky creations

DSC00637.jpg

DSC00639.jpg

Tale of the tape ..

"Oilslick" Aleph Mule EN-BK SSCP4 USWOH
VIP500 Floodmaster MG
140 lumens for 2 hours
Recommended 1 x 123 Only

Wow, I love the post-apocalyptic look. Very old and worn looking.

I'm really interested, how was this done?

Just got my first Milky Mod in the mail today, I can't wait until it gets dark :D

It is a Project M-813-M3, here is the info from Geminidan, who I bought it from:

DSC03137.jpg

DSC03135.jpg

DSC03139.jpg

Just sent Scott my E2E to get modded into a "Room sweeper" when it arrives I will post

Looks great with those o-rings on there.

I need to get myself a Milky.

donn_

Flashaholic
I have too many to squeeze into one post, so I just show a few at a time.

I'll start with 4 classic McGizmo creations, upgraded at Milky Labs:

007-23.jpg

From the top:

A McLuxI TK with an SSC P4, on a 3x123 EN tube.

A McLuxI PR-T with 4x Rebels and an Acorn, on a 3x123 VG body.

A McLuxI PR-T with an SSC P7, on a 2x123 VG body

A McLuxI PR with an SSC P4, on a 2x123 VG body.

006-28.jpg

PaulNYC

Newly Enlightened
I have a creemator e2dl.

8XfNcJjjhI3_pEHYERsY5g
http://lh4.ggpht.com/_CNbFGl0uFvw/SSM_VF6o9zI/AAAAAAAAA14/qco6jPVjjvU/s800/kNIFE%20AND%20LIGHT.jpg
kNIFE%20AND%20LIGHT.jpg

All the GITD is my work.

Last edited:

curlyfry562

Enlightened
...how about some beamshots???:rolleyes:

Here you go...

f/2.8
1/15 sec

The milky x813 has a larger spot and much much more flood then the Malkoff M60.
The U2by2 initially didn't seem like 500 Lumens, but I figure that is due to its much larger denser flood. I love the U2by2 beam.

The little white tree is ~15m from the light.

Gosling 500 Lumens high
DSC04073.jpg

Gosling Low (~50Lumens)
DSC04076.jpg

The Milky x813
DSC03153.jpg

Milky U2By2 (on High)
DSC03172.jpg

Malkoff M60 in a Surefire 6P host
DSC03148.jpg

Stock Surefire G2
DSC03151.jpg

Surefire E1B High
DSC03156.jpg

Last edited:

jaybiz32

Enlightened
Introducing "Megalight x1400
Custom Mag 2d powdercoated white
runs of 2 a123 cells
7xsscp4
McR16ms
1400 lumens regulated
Photo349.jpg

Photo350.jpg

curlyfry562

Enlightened
That mag is sweat.

:caution:I just realized when I took the beamshots that the Milky's batteries were low, I will redo them tonight or tomorrow. I knew those looked wrong :duh2:

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
Introducing "Megalight x1400
Custom Mag 2d powdercoated white
runs of 2 a123 cells
7xsscp4
McR16ms
1400 lumens regulated
Photo349.jpg

LOL, the iPod of the flashlight world

@shomie, thats how the light came, brought it from another CPFer.
I believe that McGizmo released a small wave of black EN coated bodies.
Not 100% sure, maybe someone can chime in :D

Last edited:

coyote223

Newly Enlightened
Here's mine, L1, L2, and a CREEmator.

Tale of the tape ..

L1- CreeXRE McR 19cut MG MM+ 30ohmTail
Shock Mounted Circuit Capsule
Uses 1x123 Primary or 1xRCR123 Rechargeable

L2- Milky L2 Hybrid: CreeXRE Focusable TIR SOB1000 43 ohm Tail
High 255 Lumens.... Use 2x123 Primary or 2xRCR Rechargeable

E2E- CreeXRE Focusable TIR