Suggestions

DavyBoy4

Newly Enlightened
Hello all i recently jst got the fenix tk11 and love it but will probably want more lumens in a few months time not in any rush but what would b a step up & brighter staying with LED lights. The tk11 put out 225 max lumens.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The next step up might be multi Die LED lights. Look at Seoul P7 and Cree MC-E lights.

They will have a wider beam.

Do you want more total output or more throw?

DavyBoy4

Newly Enlightened
I quite like the idea of the focused long beam as i dont & wouldnt really use the flood option didint on the maglite. as i said not in any rush but im not a flashlight expert so jst looking for ideas and suggestions on what to look for, quite like the tk11 i got tho not a bad light attawl

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

The TK11 is an outstanding light, so you've started on a pretty high note. It is my best thower although it is not billed as a thrower per se, but more of a tactical light.

I would say that the next step would be a Dereelight DBS, which is pretty much the "King" of the throwers and a fantastic light. Of note, there is a new, plucky little light that can pretty much tie the DBS (maybe even beat it out?!) discussed here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212895

Good luck! And let us know what you decide to do!

DavyBoy4

Newly Enlightened
Ive Been Looking at the

DBS V2 w/ 1SM-2 Cree XR-E WC Q5 (SMO) - $115

DBS V2 w/ 1S Cree XR-E WC Q5 (SMO) - $120

DBS V2 w/ 3SM Cree XR-E WC Q5 (SMO) - $125

DBS V2 w/ 3SD Cree XR-E WC Q5 (SMO) - $125

DBS V2 w/ 3SD Cree XR-E 5A Q3 (SMO) - $125

Extension tube for DBS V2-- $12

Note: you can run 2xptotected 18650, 4xCr123As or 4xptotected RCR123's with 1SM-2 module

I dont know the difference so what 1 would i be best buying ? For throw mostly obv i could find cheaper prices i think that was jst on the actual website.

Baring in Mind i Would like to use 18650's with mine thanx guys

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Look for the modules that end with D. Those are designed to work with a single Li-ion battery and should be the brightest of the bunch(they drive the LED at a higher current then the other modules).

IIRC the price Dereelight has is pretty good.

DavyBoy4

Newly Enlightened
Thanx for that information very helpful

So what one would u or any1 else recomend from these 2 ?

DBS V2 w/ 3SD Cree XR-E WC Q5 (SMO) - $125

DBS V2 w/ 3SD Cree XR-E 5A Q3 (SMO) - $125

And also what 1 is better brighter and better throw if there is any difference that is lol

Gunner12

Flashaholic
The Q5 would be brighter(you can also try for the R2 upgrade which should be a bit brighter, might not be noticeable) but the Q3 would have a warmer beam which should help with color rendering.

I've heard that because of the warmer tint, the lower output but warmer tinted LED lights throw as far as their cooler tinted but brighter cousins.

DavyBoy4

Newly Enlightened
Made my mind up looks like im going with the

DBS V2 w/ 3SD Cree XR-E WC Q5 but couple more questions, what is an ( r2 ) & ( CL1H ) im guessing maybe upgrades or some sort so what would get the torch to its peek performance longest throw and best tint.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Q2, Q3, Q5, R2 are all flux bins(output/efficiency) of the Cree XR-E LEDs. The higher the more output it has for the same current then a lower binned LED. Currently the R2 is the best but the difference might not be noticeable.

CL1H is another flashlight made by Dereelight. It accepts P60 type modules.