Possible replacement for TR-801...

Johnnydrz

Newly Enlightened
Hi everyone, after reading everything possible on here and other places, I placed an order for the inexpensive TR-801's. These will (would) be used on my bike helmet for cummuting and mountain biking. I already have 2 P7's on the handlebar but need something for where my eyes are looking. The TR-801 has been referenced here a lot so I ordered two...a month ago...they are still B/O... I was wondering if anyone here has found a valid, inexpensive replacement for this flashlight. I already have a good stock of 18650 batteries so I'm looking for a torch that takes them.

Thank you for your recommendations,

Cheers from Canada,

Johnnydrz

Johnnydrz

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm.... not much response here....

So I'm looking for a flashlight which would give the same results (or better!!!) in the same price range. Form factor certainly is an issue, and 18650 batteries...

There has to be something else than putting 2 Jetbeam III ultras on my helmet? This would certainly not be an economical way of doing things....:help:

Thanks in advance,

Johnnydrz

CathastrophiX

Newly Enlightened
I have both the Trustfire TR-801 and the Sacredfire NF-016 (Jetbeam look-alike).
The Sacredfire is a little bit more expensive and slightly bigger tough.
They have about the same brightness and similar beam pattern.
The TR-801 seems to have new ETA 11/20.

CampingLED

Enlightened
Try a different supplier. Although I was very pleased with the supplier that I think you ordered from, they have done more than anoy me lately with late deliveries, cancelled orders and non-response to customer requests.