Tube Extender

saprolith

Newly Enlightened
Hello, first post and all that...I started with a Cree WF400 as a first light for my MTB. Light output is fine for slower rides out in the dark, it lasts well but the battery doesn't fit right and needs a small coin/tin foil to pad it out to stop it flickering and sometimes going out.

Recently purchased an Aurora AK-P7-5 HA-III SSC P7-C 2-Mode from DX and it is truly amazing, it's impossible to believe that something so small can create so much light. Build quality is excellent, tolerances are tiny, I'm really happy but it would be great if I could get it to run longer with a second battery rather than having to swap it out.

I think it is possible to get extension tubes to screw on to the back of the torch so a second battery can be used and run time increased.

Can such a tube be fitted to the Aurora and where can I get it from, if not am I left just swapping the battery evry hour or so ?

Thanks

Saprolith

JBorneu

Enlightened
The Aurora is advertised as having 4.2 volts maximum voltage. So, you can't extend the tube and put a second cell in it, even if you find a fitting tube, that will double the voltage and burn the LED out.