Surefire E2D

Bruce B

Enlightened
Is there anyway to remove the pocket clip from the Surefire E2D without damaging the pocket clip or the body of the light?

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remove the head and o-ring...press the bottom part of the clip on the edge of a table and pull down on the body....
The clip should come out...be carefull, there is a small black plastic retaining wedge that goes between the body and clip to apply pressure so the clip does not come out.

Hope that helps.

Lightguy27

Enlightened
Can the E1B pocket clip be fitted onto the E2D in place of the E2D pocket clip?

Yes. And for future reference you can also take a pice of paracord (a small piece of rope or even an old shoelace), put it under the clip and pull upwards toward the head end of the light. That is what I did and it works beautifully. But as mentioned, keep an eye out for the black retaining wedge. I have found that once the paracord is under and ready to be pulled up placing a small cloth over top of it keeps it from flying off.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had bad luck with that, as my retaining wedge was ... melted, perhaps, into the body and clip and ended up taking a hammer to it with no luck.

I eventually got it off with slight finish damage. The table-edge trick did it, but make sure you've got a piece of unfinished wood over it so you don't damage furniture you like.