C2-HABK at Sableco Question

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this listed at Sableco:
C2-HABK Centurion Combatlight, Black Hard Anodized $83.

A pretty knowledgable person told me it was possible that it was HA II not HA III. It is the same price as their:
C2-HA Centurion Combatlight, Hard Anodized $83.

What do you guys think?

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspected this because you told me about the Emerson knife deal a few weeks ago.

So, HA II and HA III should not be a concern?

It's Black HA and a little rare?

Hope chamenos is watching.

Thanks again, sir.

Size15's

Flashaholic
The C2-HABK will be very rare.

HA for SureFire means Hard Anodized to Mil-A-8625 Type III Class 2.

Whether Black HA is HA Mil.Spec. Level III I'm not sure.

I have a 9AN+KT3 in HABK but I've not tried to scratch it up compared to trying to scratch up my 9AN-HA.

Al

tsg68

Flashlight Enthusiast
According to most of the contractors I've seen doing mil-spec hard anodize, type III is only availiable in natural and black.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
tsg68 -

This is good to know. After 10 mo. of reading this forum and getting advice from you guys I'm finally going to order a SF. I'm getting stoked about this. If it is actually available it should be a fine piece.

I'll see if Dan has a P61 and a Z48(?) for it, get some more batts and I should be good to go? Need to send him some business every chance I get.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif
have i gotten that notorious around here for lusting after black HA? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

icebreak: do let us know if the C2 really is hard anodized black. looks like i'm going to empty out my bank account again /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

K-T

*Moderator*
Icebreak, if you want a clickie tailcap for that C2-BKHA, I am not sure if you will be successful in finding one to match the HA tone. The Z48 you are refering to is the natural(grey-green) HA while the Z49 is the black clickie. The black one is not HA, it has the shiny color like any other black SF light (like the 6P).

fc33b379.jpg
fc33b378.jpg

Is the C2 bezel shock isolated? Cannot see from the pictures. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the C2 bezel is not shock isolated....only the M2's bezel is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif from my experience the P60 lamp on its own is pretty resistant to abuse though.

Blikbok

Enlightened
I had a run of fragile P60's but that was a few years back. Drop a light on a tile floor, pop. Replace LA, repeat. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Haven't busted one since, but I've also dropped them less frequently.

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well the guy at Sableco came back trying to sell me a C2-HA but didn't know what a HABK was. He took some info and called the lady at Surefire. He called me back in 5 min. and said she said they were going to make it but she didn't know when. I still think Sableco had them at one time, he just didn't know.

K-T

*Moderator*
What I actually meant was that it would have been cool to make a M2-BKHA instead of the C2-BKHA.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Icebreak,

FYI, it appears that some dealers just copy the whole pricelist out and this doesn't reflect stock levels or availability.

Al

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
K-T That would be very cool.

Size15s - Yup. I believe you are right. I found it on another site and they didn't know much about it either. However they insisted that it was HA II? The surefire CS guy said he thought they made them but no telling when they might do another run. Said he'd call me after he found out. I think this is one of those phantom lights...kinda like a whiiiiine light./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mecry.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

- Jeff

shrap

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
tsg68 said:
According to most of the contractors I've seen doing mil-spec hard anodize, type III is only availiable in natural and black.

Later,
TSG /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Over on the Arc forum, they're trying to decide what color to hard anodize the Arc AAA - in addition to natural and black, they have green, blue, and red, although they're not very 'tactical' colors, and probably in limited demand.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
KT: i think the only black M2 you can get would have to be in type II black (black C2 with black M2 bezel).

K-T

*Moderator*
I already have that one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
that's great! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif