Spotlight-LED - anybody seen these?

hammerface

Newly Enlightened
Oh, sorry. I did a quick search but obviously I didn't search hard enough. :eek: I'll keep looking ;)

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I could've sworn I'd posted about these already, but multiple searches were to no avail.

They have no springy or tensioned parts. It's basically luck of the draw whether it'll fit in your car's lighter socket. I put some solder blobs on the one I got at a CPF raffle, but I have to rotate it just right so it stays put and charges. I have an '06 Civic, BTW - hardly a rare vehicle.

Just get a regular flashlight (ProPoly, Fenix, SF, whatever) and stick it in the glovebox.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received mine from batteryjunction.

The tint is bluish and almost as bright as my L0D at medium. Not very useful in emergencies due to short runtime and low brightness, but it comes handy when trying to find something in your car.

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
They have no springy or tensioned parts. It's basically luck of the draw whether it'll fit in your car's lighter socket.

Fits most cars with a 'cigarette lighter port' it's the 'accessory power ports' it tends to have trouble with. A fix to allow it to fit all types is imminent.