Mag 4D ROP - will this work

debeli

Newly Enlightened
I have Mag 4d with teralux led. This combination is OK, but few days ago I was in SAR operation, looking for some lost old lady, and i realize that I need more powerful light. I search few forums and did not find combination of ROP on 4d, so I will tray to make this one:
1. 4d maglite
2. 6x GP430 sub-c batteries
3. charger http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=3005
4. Pelican 3854 bulb
5. Cammed MOP Aluminum reflector
6. Boro lens
and low resistance mod

Will this work? Any sugestion is welcome

Officer Thompson

Newly Enlightened
Yes it works and works better. I have both the 2d rop and the 4d rop and I would say the 4d with 6 sub-c's not only last a lot longer but is brighter, probably due to less resistance. I use 6 4500 mAh tenergy batteries for good run time.

debeli

Newly Enlightened
Yes it works and works better. I have both the 2d rop and the 4d rop and I would say the 4d with 6 sub-c's not only last a lot longer but is brighter, probably due to less resistance. I use 6 4500 mAh tenergy batteries for good run time.

How much run time you have in 4d, and how much with 2d?

Are you LEO? I am also LEO in Croatia

Thanks for reply, regards from Croatia

KiwiMark

Flashlight Enthusiast
How much run time you have in 4d, and how much with 2d?

From 4500mAh or 5000mAh sub C cells in a Maglite 4D you should be able to run a ROP Low for about 2 hours. A ROP High would get around an hour (more than 45 minutes anyway).

On a 2D if you are running 2000mAh cells you will get less than half the run time compared to 4500mAh Sub C cells and the volts will drop faster under the same load.