$100 Xmas Gift?

Eagleout

Newly Enlightened
Ok, guys,

I got the spousal go ahead to pick a light up to $100 for a Xmas present. But I've been out of it for awhile and can use your advise on a good light in that price range that has excellent throw and decent spill. Any combinations would also be appreciated.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

pipspeak

Enlightened
any intended uses for said light? C'mon... give us something to go on :grin2:

OK, I'll throw one out there... O-Light M20 Warrior R2. It intrigues me but so far I haven't splurged.

Jarl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fenix TK11 R2 (more throw), jet III pro ST (more flood)

You'll struggle to get a quality light that can both throw and flood well for under $100 as 250 lumens can throw well OR flood well. The DX P7's would achieve what you want, but a quality P7 or MC-E based light costs significantly more than $100. Alternatively, you could go for 2 lights, but again, you'd struggle to get in under $100 for 2 quality lights.

Last edited:

Eagleout

Newly Enlightened
We live in a rural area. A good throw would be most helpful when investigating noises in the night, but I'd also like to be able to carry it in my pocket, too. And of course, water resistant and durable.

Eagleout

Newly Enlightened
Fenix TK11 R2 (more throw), jet III pro ST (more flood)

You'll struggle to get a quality light that can both throw and flood well for under $100 as 250 lumens can throw well OR flood well. The DX P7's would achieve what you want, but a quality P7 or MC-E based light costs significantly more than $100. Alternatively, you could go for 2 lights, but again, you'd struggle to get in under $100 for 2 quality lights.

The TK11 R2 looks good, and under $80 at Battery Junction. I'll check out the Jet III Pro ST. My Electrolumens Tri Star is a flood master so I'll concentrate on a good thrower.

Magnus1959

Newly Enlightened
I don't have the R2 but am very happy with my TK11. I have also thought about getting the Olight but trying to come up with a valid reason as to why I need one.

madi05

Enlightened
i just bough the jet beam jet III pro military ,,from the review and what u want is what i was thinking i wanted and it may fit the bill for u ,, check out the review and replies from selfbilt