Dereelight DBS V3 Released

ApoXX

Newly Enlightened
Well I've been meaning to pull the trigger on a Dereelight DBS V2 for awhile now and noticed it was listed back in stock on Dereelight's website. I thought I may just be sleep deprived and reading it wrong but indeed, the DBS V2 is now the V3:

Note: no big difference between V2 & V3, V3 more compact and has more reliable switch etc.

I'm interested to see what all of the exact changes are but it's good to see they aren't making any radical updates.

jake25

Enlightened
Re: Dereelight DBS v3

Yup you're not seeing things.

I would have been interesting to see Dereelight upgrade the reflector size to something giant like the Tiablo A10

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast

No radical changes, just a different tailcap and switch. It'll be just a tad shorter as the new tailcap is shorter. The only other change is in the 1SM-2 version. Previously it ran the LED at 1.0 amp, now it's been boosted to 1.2 amps. It now matches the output of the other Dereelight pills, which are 1.2 amps.

You can click on my first link below for other news. :)

ApoXX

Newly Enlightened

Sweet - I was looking at your thread the other day but missed the update.

I'm really excited about the R2 WH bin. :party:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

What change were made to the switch? Is the new switch more heavy duty? Can we order the new tailcap/switch for existing DBS V2? If all that changed is the tailcap, it would be nice if that was offered for sale.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can we have some pics? If it looks good I'm about to get my first throw light.

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
The new switch seems to be the one from the CL1H v4. The below quote is from FlashCrazy from this thread.
http://www.cpfmarketplace.com/mp/showthread.php?t=186833

12-27-08: Dereelight announces release of DBS V3!

Dereelight just announced the availability of the DBS V3, replacing the V2 version. This is only a minor update, the main change being a slightly shorter tailcap, and a different switch. It's actually the same tailcap and switch that the CL1H V4 uses. Everything else about the V3 is the same as the V2... finish, design, reflector, etc. Only the tailcap has been changed.

Last edited:

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast

What change were made to the switch? Is the new switch more heavy duty? Can we order the new tailcap/switch for existing DBS V2? If all that changed is the tailcap, it would be nice if that was offered for sale.

As far as I know it's the same switch/tailcap as the CL1H. It has a brass retaining ring instead of aluminum, and the switch is soldered to a pcb. Supposed to be more heavy-duty. :) It's about 1/8" shorter as well.

I'll see about ordering just the tailcaps/switches, and will make them available for sale at some point in the future.

I'll try to get some pics up by tomorrow.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
if the DBS V3 has higher amp, how does it translate to lumens?

does it mean the light has slightly higher lumens ?

clintb

Enlightened
It's not that the DBS v3 necessarily has anything higher amperage. Rather, it's the MC-E pill that's increased from 2.1A to 2.4A. Now, the DBS v3 has a switch that's supposed to handle greater current, ala CL1H v4 and its switch.
if the DBS V3 has higher amp, how does it translate to lumens?

does it mean the light has slightly higher lumens ?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also confirmed it's the CL1H V4 tailcap. So if you have a DBS V2 you could order another CL1H V4 and put that tailcap on the DBS V2 I suppose. My CL1H V4's tailcap fits my DBS V2 and works fine. I should have tried the DBS V2's tailcap on my CL1H V4 though, I'll get back to everyone on that, but it should work?

I ordered another MC-E pill, the 2.4v one, as well as a 2nd CL1H V4 with ext tube, D26 MC-E reflector, and a R2 WH 4SD RU pill for my C2H. :) Trying to keep up with all these Dereelight stuff. I love how modular the system is becoming.

I'm interested to see how much longer the CL1H V4 really is with 2x18650's. I want to keep a CL1H V4 with the MC-E 2.4v in my coat pocket. It maybe too long with the ext tube, but I normally don't need a lot of run time so I may stick with 2xR123's.

picard

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also confirmed it's the CL1H V4 tailcap. So if you have a DBS V2 you could order another CL1H V4 and put that tailcap on the DBS V2 I suppose. My CL1H V4's tailcap fits my DBS V2 and works fine. I should have tried the DBS V2's tailcap on my CL1H V4 though, I'll get back to everyone on that, but it should work?

I ordered another MC-E pill, the 2.4v one, as well as a 2nd CL1H V4 with ext tube, D26 MC-E reflector, and a R2 WH 4SD RU pill for my C2H. :) Trying to keep up with all these Dereelight stuff. I love how modular the system is becoming.

I'm interested to see how much longer the CL1H V4 really is with 2x18650's. I want to keep a CL1H V4 with the MC-E 2.4v in my coat pocket. It maybe too long with the ext tube, but I normally don't need a lot of run time so I may stick with 2xR123's.

Is the new DBS V3 brighter than V2?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is the new DBS V3 brighter than V2?

No. The only difference is a slightly shorter tail cap which reduces the over length of the light slightly. If you have a CL1H V4 you can try putting the tail cap on your DBS V2. If it works, you can use it like that and you have a DBS V3. :)