Aunoc lights anyone?

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 10W HID dive light looks interesting.:grin2:

The 1CR looks cool too, but with no lumen rating it's a bit hard to judge. It would help if it indicated what kind of emitter's in there.

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
With an "advertised" run-time of 4.5 hours, I wouldn't expect it to be a barn-burner, but I do like the minimalist design!
A pity it's only rated to 240m :rolleyes: j/k

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
i've tried out the CR1 in person & it should be under 20lumen out front vs my Pelican M6. i did a rough comparison of the Pelican M6 2390 vs Pelican M1 2310, it produces slightly less light than the 2310. even though it shares similiar beam profile, the spill vs spot ratio is quite a contrast. the unit i handled had a blue-ish tint to it.

another unknow is its stated runtime. a runtime chart will be more ideal than a 4.5hrs. 4.5hours of runtime with a gentle decline to zero, 1-2hours peak with a drasic drop in output till zero at 4.5hours or 4.5hours of nice flat regulation? :thinking:

the beam does not have any artifact, but its not perfectly smooth, there are slight rings to it, thankfully not too noticeable.

Last edited:

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
Just out of curiosity, are/would you be using this light for diving or primarily above water?
Most dive rated lights are bulky but this one might make a possible carry option in the right circumstances.

It would probably need some serious "upgrades" though! :devil:

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
if i do get it, it'll be used above water. its a good EDC size, but holstered option prefered. twist on/off.

but the under 20lumen (naked eye comparison test) for 4.5hours is disappointing. :thumbsdow a diffuser film over the window makes for a more practical low lumen beam. as for modding, there are no good modders in Singapore that i know of. if its bust, its SGD$150 down the drain. :sigh:

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
Yes, I think for most people that light is a little expensive for what it is, especially if you are a "flashaholic" with a taste for lumens/runtime. :cool:

There are so many other options available for that kind of money it's hard to justify the purchase.
I get the sense you really like it.
Maybe someone else will offer up an opinion or have more info to share.

warpdrive

Enlightened
yes 20 lumens is kind of disappointing but that light looks cool IMO.

Total minimalistic design, and the rating of 240m depth makes it an interesting collectable. I would guess it is probably well designed and made (like other Aunoc's serious dive lights) so I wouldn't dismiss it on specs alone

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the SS 4AAAA model. Comes in a little SS case. It's either a 3 or 5 mm LED. Sort of a novelty really.

sORe-EyEz

Enlightened
SGD$150 for a tank? :thinking:

i have no doubt its very well made. maybe i'll ask to shop owner to do a runtime test at his expense of a CR123 primary? :naughty:

oh yes, as an EDC i'm rather particular about heat build-up. with its tiny size i don't think there's anywhere else to grip... :green: