Nitecore Extreme -Nex-?

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Hi!

At my christmas dinner my uncle showed his EDC light witch was the Nitecore Extreme Nex. It looked pretty cool and handy. He works as a security guy and walks around buildings. This light came up on the internet and I did some research. It looks really good but I need your opinions on this light. I saw some things about nitecore problems? If you can tell me more about your experience with this light, i'll be happy to know.:D

Bye!:wave:

liquidsix

Enlightened
Check out 4Sevens.com they sell all the nitecore stuff.

Nitecore are great lights. I have the NDI the NEX and the D10 and they're all fantastic. Nitecore's a solid top brand.

In my experience the NDI and the NEX are better quality build than the SmartPD lights but not by that much.

I haven't heard of any major problems with the NEX much more than I've heard of problems with any other lights (even surefires). So I wouldn't worry about any stories you might have heard.

tempman

Newly Enlightened
I'll tell you of my new experiences with Nitecore. I got two Nitecore Defender Ininities for christmas. One a Q5 and the other a GDP. The Q5 model is definatley better when it comes to throw and it has a very neutral white tint. The GDP version is definatley more of a smooth wider beam with less throw, but not by that much. Brightness wise, I would say that the Q5 is only slightly brighter, but the tint on the GDP is way better for more realistic colors at night.

The bad, the GDP came with a switch that was finicky and had to be clicked more than once just to stay on by itself, and the clickyness of it was very wimpy to the one that came on the q5 light. The GDP came with TWO extra switches with yellow buttons, and the Q5 came with only one extra switch that was all black. The yellow ones are way more easy to press than the all black ones, but I figured that I should just install the extra switch that came with the Q5 onto my GDP light. Now both lights have the same switch on them.

Other than that, I suggest cleaning all the threads with a mild solution of simpe green or something, and re-lubing with a non-petroleum based lube. My o-rings were pretty much bone dry when I got them. The twist action on these lights come really stiff and slow, but after lubing it up, the light is a joy to use with one hand.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the extreme with SS crenelated bezel. I dont think you can get any better looking CR123 light. It is also very bright, more than P2D Q5 and almost as bright as the JetIII Pro IBS on max.

Me+Light=Addiction

Enlightened
Very nice info, sounds like there are only good responses. I think i'll get myself one. I just have 1 comparising more: What would YOU (individualy) take. A Nitecore Extreme Nex or a Fenix PD30. The Fenix PD30 looks like an awesome light aswell but bigger whitch is a con, but also brighter whitch OFCORSE is a pro!:D

:wave:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nex and PD30 are different lights... both are nice lights but if you want something unique-looking and special... get the nitecore.

Extreme:
+better throw
+variable brightness setting
+fordward clicky
+comes with 2 extra switches and a clip

PD30
+a little bit brighter
+more modes
+longer runtime (2 cells)
+costs less compared to the extreme

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Get the extreme with SS crenelated bezel. I dont think you can get any better looking CR123 light. It is also very bright, more than P2D Q5 and almost as bright as the JetIII Pro IBS on max.

I don't own the Nitecore Extreme only the Defender Infinity, however you are right, the Extreme with SS bezel is one sexy light. I may just have to have it.

Happy Holidays

Bill

nanotech17

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll go for the extreme, thx for all the help people:grin2::thumbsup: Happy Holidays! And a bright 2009 for everyone!:candle:

here is the teaser for you :D

DSC00295Custom-1.jpg

flummoxed

Newly Enlightened
Another :thumbsup: for the Nitecore Extreme.

Mine has a SS bezel (Not what I ordered but hey..)

It's also brighter than my Ra Clicky 140cn and Fenix TK10....

My switch was a bit temperamental when I got it but after I took it out and reinstalled it all seems well.

Nice light, you will like it.