Need help to identify a USA-sold (and made?) light FOUND

Niconical

Enlightened
Light identified - see post #4

I was doing the flashaholic usual, browsing some lights, click a link, that leads on to another link etc. I'm sure you've all been there.

I came across a light that interested me, but unfortunately I didn't make any note of it and now I can't find it anywhere.

I am quite sure it's sold in the USA as I think I remember the web page mentioning dollars.

Anyway, in no particular order, this is what I remember.

I am sure it....

Takes 4 x AA batteries.
Has a xenon bulb, but also a LED version.
Was available in different colors.

Also, from the pic, it seemed that the batteries were probably 2x2, side by side, not in one long and thin tube.

If anyone can point me in the right direction, it would be appreciated.

Thank you :)

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Re: Need help to identify a USA-sold (and made?) light

Might be one of the lights from Princeton Tec.

Geoff

Newly Enlightened
We have one for around the house use. It is bright, the batteries last, and it has been very durable. Not much throw for outdoor use though.

toolpig1

Enlightened
The Streamlight Propolymer 4AA Luxeon model is still one of my all time favorite lights, even with all the newer lights out there. It actually throws quite impressively, on 4AA batteries it's cheap and easy to feed, the polymer body doesn't freeze your hand in cold weather. Also, the light has perfect power regulation- no dimming at all through the life of batteries. The clickie switch might be the best that I've ever felt. The odd shape of the body feels great in the hand. Because of the polymer construction, the head screws and unscrews like butter, no rough metal threads. The light is rated at 40 lumens, but you'd swear it was more when you see it.

I have other lights rated at 130, 180, even 295 lumens, but for normal everyday tasks, they're too bright. The propoly, in my opinion, gives me the perfect amount of light most of the time that I reach for a flashlight. One rides next to me everyday in my truck. Here's an old review that you might enjoy looking at:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/streamlight_propolyluxeon.htm

Niconical

Enlightened
Thank you all for the info. :)

I was at first interested in the xenon version, but the luxeon looks great for the price. A good amount of light and I'm sure it can take a beating. Add that to it using AA batteries and it's a very useful package.

Now that I know what to search for, finding them for sale was easy, and as Battery Junction have them, I'll add one in next time I order.

:)