My Christmas present broke (LD20)

tomwoh

Newly Enlightened
My wife gave me an fenix ld20 for Christmas I really like it, however I can no longer turn the head and it's stuck on high. I'm returning it but before I buy another one has anyone else had this problem. The head is really stuck I have a tool for opening jar's etc (basically a wide rubber band that I can cinch down on a object), and it won't turn it.

Thanks,

Tom

aussiebob

Enlightened
Never heard of this, definatly not a common thing so dont let it stop you ordering another after you return it.
The LD20/L2D, has been around for a few years now and is a well regarded light.
Ive never had trouble with any of mine and like others find them very reliable.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Were the threads lubed when you got it? Maybe they forgot to lube them and it galled up or whatever it is called.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
This time try with a pair of grip pliers and leather strips. This is how I opened my Fenix T1 head...

When thing just won't work, brute force is your friend; but make sure the grip is right or you will end up crushing your light. =)

tomwoh

Newly Enlightened
The batteries were fine, I think I got it cross threaded somehow. It looks like the company I bought it from will refund my money. I appreciate the feedback and will be getting another one. I have a TK11 and love it. I just wanted something that used AA and also had a lower setting.

Thanks,

Tom