Question About SureFire Retailer

MJ1622

Newly Enlightened
Hey everybody,

I'm new to the forums here so if I am asking this question in the wrong area of the forum I apologize in advance.

For years all I've used are Maglites and while I feel a certain attachment to the Maglite brand I'm looking for a better EDC and have generally decided on a SureFire.

My problem, no retailers anywhere near me so online is the only way to go. What I wanted to know is if anyone hear on CPF has ever purchased from lumensflashlights.com? They seem to be reputable but their 60-day return policy seems almost too good and makes me suspicious.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Michael

Solscud007

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where do you live? Have you tried looking at getting a certified used/previously owned SF light? haha go look at the Marketplace here on CPF and you can get a good deal on some lights.

MJ1622

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

Thanks for the heads up about LAPolice Gear. I'll take a look.

I wasn't even thinking about a used light, but it might be a good idea at that. Being so used to Maglites I've no experience with the "higher-end" lights. I think I've got a lot to learn and CPF seems to be the place. :grin2:

Thanks again,

Michael

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
+1 to both used Surefires and to LA Police Gear. I've bought 5.11 gear from them on sale, and never been jerked around. Shipping was fast, and nothing went wrong. Never bought a light from them, but I'd be willing to.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
LA Police Gear has gotten a couple of jeers in the past. Also, those free CR123 cells they'd give out, used to be the Made in China variety. More suitable for the garbage can than a flashlight. I've heard their free batteries are now Made in America, but can't confirm that.

Snow

Enlightened
Log on to CPF Marketplace and check out the thread in the Dealer section for information on trusted dealers who give discounts to CPF members. OpticsHQ and Spyder Tactical are two examples.

cruisemissile

Enlightened
I have used LAPolicegear with good luck.
I bought a set of Surefire E2 and E1w's, very good service, and I got free shipping (use the coupon code 'SUREFIRE" i think still works).
they have a few good deals on incans, as mentioned earlier.
depends on what you're looking for, they have the E1backup at ombexpress for $99 (still on I think).
Wholesalemarineproducts.com has excellent prices on Surefires as well, they're a reputable outfit.
I have also picked up two lights right here on CPFMarketplace and saved quite a bit of $. check it out.!

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast
Michael, welcome to the forums.

Surefire lights are sold in certain stores, a location (city/state) might help with locating one.

Jason

RobertM

Flashlight Enthusiast
LAPolicegear has quickly became my goto retailer for SureFire lights (other than eBay). I'd strongly recommend them.

Robert

TMedina

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might check out a Malkoff drop-in for a 2-3D Maglite. I'm just sayin. :D

-Trevor

Jed Meyers

Newly Enlightened
I've had some good experience purchasing from www.knifeworks.com (mostly knives but some flashlights also, like Nitecores) and www.opticshq.com (all other lights).

The latter had some problems with receiving my emails at some point, but later fixed the issue. And they do offer some interesting discounts.

They both offer international shipping which is sometimes crucial for me as I don't visit US often.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Check the link in my sigline (CPF Specials), and get in touch with OpticsHQ - they can help you out.

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
LA Police Gear has gotten a couple of jeers in the past. Also, those free CR123 cells they'd give out, used to be the Made in China variety. More suitable for the garbage can than a flashlight. I've heard their free batteries are now Made in America, but can't confirm that.

I recently bought my E1B and E2DL from LAPolicegear and the free cells they sent me were the Battery Station 123's, made in USA. The free batteries were what sealed the deal for me.

SloMo26

Newly Enlightened
I have ordered from LAPG from time to time with mixed results. For in stock items their service is great. For backordered items not so great. A couple of times I have ordered stuff that was backordered and I did not hear anything from them until I emailed.

My suggestion is to go their website and use the live chat option and ask if the item you want is in stock. If it is great go ahead and order. If not, I would order it from somewhere else.

Just my .02.......