E2DL

Bruce B

Enlightened
So I was in the local law enforcement store that is an authorized SF dealer, and noticed that they were selling the SF E2DL for 112 dollars, only 2 dollars more than they are selling the E2D for. I am quite surprised being they are an authorized SF dealer that they are able to sell the E2DL for such an inexpensive price. I think I will have to go back and purchase one of the E2DL's in the next few weeks.

1996alnl

Enlightened
That's a great price for the E2DL!
I paid $150 for mine. You can't go wrong with this light,It amazes me (and anyone else that's present) everytime i turn this thing on.

The E2D is small potatoes compared to the E2DL version.

Zeige

Enlightened
I would make sure its the dual output model?

some are single stage 120 lm only, maybe thats why the low price?
still a great deal :D

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd get one for sure at that price.

Single stage was a mistaken release by SF, if you end up with one and don't want it you can probably send it back for a 2 stage one.

cruisemissile

Enlightened
get it as soon as you can..! the E2DL has become my favorite light.
the two modes are perfect
the fit and finish and superb
the brightness on high is very nice
the clicky tailcap is sweet
the appearance is super nice.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
Single stage was a mistaken release by SF, if you end up with one and don't want it you can probably send it back for a 2 stage one.

Or put it up on B/S/T. I would guess there are some CPFers who would love to trade their two-stage head (and maybe even pay extra) for the single-stage one.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome light. I too would prefer it it didn't have those teeth, but it is a fantastic thrower for its size. The optic works really well in creating a focused beam. With its two levels and an optional beam shaper ($14), it is really versatile.

DucS2R

Enlightened
It is one of my favorite lights (by my side right now). My only complaint is I wish the lower setting were lower (about 5 lumens).

T.

seale_navy

Enlightened
owner of the E2DL..

I was wondering,the crenallated bezel, how do u protect it from getting worn off though? I mean besides using F04 diffuser.

And also, did anyone of ur crenallated bezel had shown signs of anodising wearing off? does the crenellated bezel wear off easily though?

I need to know whether its easy to keep this torch in mint condition besides being a shelf queen.

superslau

Newly Enlightened
I had the older E2D for a while and didn't use the diffuser, so the HA did start wearing off. In fact I may have helped it along because I would use it to cut empty cans of red bull in half whilst on boring conference calls at work. It wasn't razor sharp but enough to slice thin aluminium.

The actual bezel itself didn't wear off that much but it did look like it had been sharpened a bit. You'd need to have it for many years and do some serious abuse before it wore of completely. I can't take pictures because I lost the E2D :/

Now I use a F05 red filter to protect my pockets from my new E2DL. I EDC the flashlight and find holsters a bit irritating.