Ultrastinger and rechargers

Matthew_Ung

Newly Enlightened
I read on an online manual for the Ultrastinger that the FAST charger is not recommended for the Ultrastinger. Can anyone relate to that? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
that is wrong...

i've got an ultrastinger that came with the fast charger...

i believe their information is just innacurate or outdated. i also noticed spelling mistakes on the manual /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The UltraStinger's perfectly fine with a fast charger... Had mine for half a year now with no problems...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
ULtra Stinger and Stinger's have different charger power supplies. Cradles are the same. There was a warning awhile back that said that the fast charger for the 3.6 Stingers would not work for the Super Stinger, 6 volts. Also, fast charger for Ultra Stinger should not be used with standard stingers. Ultra Stinger power supplies will work with Super Stinger.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
Bullzeyebill said:
ULtra Stinger and Stinger's have different charger power supplies. Cradles are the same. There was a warning awhile back that said that the fast charger for the 3.6 Stingers would not work for the Super Stinger, 6 volts. Also, fast charger for Ultra Stinger should not be used with standard stingers. Ultra Stinger power supplies will work with Super Stinger.

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that the regular (not fast) charger can take either the US or the Stinger. Do you know if this is correct?

BN

Shark

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
brightnorm said:
[ QUOTE ]
Bullzeyebill said:

[/ QUOTE ]

My understanding is that the regular (not fast) charger can take either the US or the Stinger. Do you know if this is correct?

BN

[/ QUOTE ]
That is correct it's fast charging the ultrastinger that requires a higher current power supply. The voltage is the same. 12 volt 800 MA for the fast charge ultrasinger 12 volt 500 MA for all slow chargers.

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
brightnorm, it works for me. Yes, I use the slow charger power supply for my Ultra Stinger, Poly Stinger, and XT, and when I had my two Super Stingers, (they were stolen), it worked for them. Bill