How to change Surefire E1L Modes?

J-Na806

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody,I need some help here.:wave:
Can anybody explain to me how to change modes on Surefire E1L? Please......:thumbsup:
thx
Jimmy

Last edited:

Cosmo7809

Enlightened
Hey there and welcome. You click the light on and then do a half press on the tailcap. Or turn on the light, then off and right back on. Simple as that :)

Niconical

Enlightened
Turn it on, by fully clicking in or pressing lightly and holding (momentary on).

It will start in low.

unclick then click back on, or release and momentary on again within a couple of seconds (I think), and it will go to high.

If in low and you turn off/on but for longer than the xx seconds, it will always restart in low.

If you're having trouble finding this, it might be that you have the single stage version.

J-Na806

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to Cosmo7809 and Niconical to answer my question.:wave:

So far I can't tell the different :shakehead

My said KX1...? Is that a sigle mode version?

I think....I gonna return it and get something else...

Thanks everybody

Jimmy

Last edited:

matt0

Enlightened
The early KX1 and KX2's were single stage.

My dual stage KX2 has a serial number starting with a B. From some other pictures I've seen on this forum, the single stage KX2 has a serial number starting with an A, the dual stage KX2 serial starts with a B and the single stage KX2C has a serial starting with C.

I don't know if the serial number designation is coincidence or if SureFire planned it that way. If it was planned, I'd be led to believe that the KX1 would also have an A or B serial indicating which model it is.

EDITED TO ADD: I should note that the serial number you'd want to check would be the number on the KX1 head rather than the number on the body.

Last edited:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
It is probably single stage. =\

I like my single stage E1L. It's not too bright, not too dim, and it's a pleasing tint. I use mine for working on my car.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi J-Na806 and :welcome:

Please find herebelow side by side the pics of the two packings:

e1lvn7.jpg

On the left (2007) is the last single stage version (CREE LED), on the right the current two stage type. I believe it is impossible to tell the flashlights one from the other except by switching them on. The packages on the contrary are easy to check. :)

J-Na806

Newly Enlightened
The early KX1 and KX2's were single stage.

My dual stage KX2 has a serial number starting with a B. From some other pictures I've seen on this forum, the single stage KX2 has a serial number starting with an A, the dual stage KX2 serial starts with a B and the single stage KX2C has a serial starting with C.

I don't know if the serial number designation is coincidence or if SureFire planned it that way. If it was planned, I'd be led to believe that the KX1 would also have an A or B serial indicating which model it is.

EDITED TO ADD: I should note that the serial number you'd want to check would be the number on the KX1 head rather than the number on the body.

It is probably single stage. =\

I like my single stage E1L. It's not too bright, not too dim, and it's a pleasing tint. I use mine for working on my car.

Hi J-Na806 and :welcome:

Please find herebelow side by side the pics of the two packings:

e1lvn7.jpg

On the left (2007) is the last single stage version (CREE LED), on the right the current two stage type. I believe it is impossible to tell the flashlights one from the other except by switching them on. The packages on the contrary are easy to check. :)

Thanks to everybody to help me out.:wave:
I'm alreay return that E1L.It was an open box item:oops:
I get E1B,E2D instead and looking forward to get E2DL :twothumbs:rolleyes:
Yep,sure enough my Surefire collections is growing :sssh:
Thanks Guys
Jimmy

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, J-Na806.

I'll move your thread to the LED Flashlight section where it belongs.